Gå till innehåll

remove engine for change with a B230ET

Rekommendera Poster

Hi,

I have just go back home (france) from sueden (vetlanda) with a new toy. A '79 C2O2.

1400km of joy, have allready made some adjustement (unlock accel pedal, fit a new 480 seat and install a stereo)

Now i am thinking about changing the powerless B20A by a correctly prepared B2XX Turbo engine,

Looking to the engine bay, the easiest way to take the B20 out, is to get it by underside, right?

Have anyone take a complete engine out here?

Thanks a lot

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

• 3 weeks later...

Have only to change it if i want the engine to be at 15° like the sotck B2XX engine. But i think i will go to straigt engine with B20 oil pan.

Still don't know what do to.

If i will arrived to convert paper to diesel i go to 850tdi engine route, if not ....

Länk till kommentar

• 1 month later...

I will attack the Valp next month.

I have to disassemble it for complete rebuild.

Yesterday i bought the new engine, a fully stock volvo rebuild B230ET with 531 Head.

I will weld a exhast mani for the turbo.

Plan to use the stock motronic management for reliability. If i cannot i will Megasquirt it.

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar

So i decided, the engine will be the B230ET.

Tomorrow i go for holliday for 1 week/10 day.

I will be back for the 25 july. And next i will be @ home for home work :)

I want to be on a meet the 15-17 August near to me and want to make a surprise for my wife and make the meeting with the B230ET engine,

So i have a lot of work, have the complete 740 B2X0ET wiring harness and go to use it, just simplify it.

HAve everything to weld, MIG and TIG and know how to weld.

I have to order this day a better clutch tu use with the disched fly wheel with M40 type gearbox. Have to check if i can use a B30 clutch disc with a M46 (940 tdi) clutch mecanism.

Just want to know how hard, and long is to separate body from frame?

Msg to moderator, have i to continu on this topic or open a new one in garage section?

Länk till kommentar

• 6 months later...

It depends on the experience, knowledge and equipment B) . The body is connected to the frame with 8 bolts then there are a number of cables to disconnect and the steering column must either be removed or body lifted over the column. It's done in a day or over a weekend. If you run into trouble, it takes considerably longer :(

Länk till kommentar

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wok began today,

Have some problems to remove engine cooling radiator, to access to the hand brake cable.

So i plan to remove cable from the other end.

Seems like i need to change all my suspension bushings and have a rear spring with all leaf in all way (not allign) why?

Länk till kommentar

• 7 months later...

Yes, slowly too slowly,

My rear axle is out, some play in external right bearing housing, and diff case is bad too.

The powertrax won't fit splines on axle

Leaf are worn so looking to install some 4 links instead.

Many still to do to find right solutions

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar