Gå till innehåll

TGB 11 bakaxel diff problem!

Dick

Rekommendera Poster

ursäkta mig , men min Svenska är inte så bra,

Jag måste fråga här på engelska.

i am a very proud owner of a 1977 TGB 11.

This week I discoverd that my rear axel diff is not working!

The light above the diff swich for the back axel is not working also.

The switch from the front axel is working perfect, and by turning the swith off I get the sweet air puff!

The swith of the back axel doesnt do this at all! No light no puff of air!

Is there anybody who knows what is going on?

Hope for some reaction.

Thank you

Dick

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Sounds like there is no vacuum build up to the rear axle diff lock. There must be a good vacuum to the difflock for it to operate.

A very simple malfunction is that the hose attached to the rear diff vacuum bell has come loose or is broken. My front diff had same malfunction and the hose had fallen off from the vacuum bell atachment pipe.

Another possibility is that the vacuum bell diafragm is broken.

So, first-check all the hoses that is involved in the rear diff operation.

Second, -open the vacuum bell on the rear axle and check for cracks in the rubber diafragm.

Third, check the movement of the fork that operates the diff engagement under the diafragm.

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

Pebl, Tack so mycket!

Does this also explain why the switch don't work? If I look how the working switch handles and compare this to the one that doesn't, wel its like the one that doesn't work can turn 360 degrees! hOpe you know what I mean!

I also discovered that I am not aible to turm of the on the right! Is that because the bakäxel don't work?

First need to be a little warmer, I need the TGB11 för min snöplog!

Nu jag har jätta mycket snö :-)

Any ways.

I am very happy with your answer and tips.

Thank you

Dick

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

Hmm, well if you can turn the handle/switch for rear diff engagement a full 360 degrees it is possible that the switch itself is broken.

The switches for the diff engagement are actually vacuum valves, behind the panel are vacuum hoses connected to them

Maby you should start the investigation in that end,  try connecting the vacuum hoses from the one not working to the one you know works, it the rear diff then engages you know that the rear valve/switch is broken.

Länk till kommentar

• 4 years later...

Hi! Sorry to revive a dead thread, but it seems I’m now the new owner of your old TGB! It also still has the same rear locker issue that I’m trying to fix. I’m just wondering what repairs you might have carried out on it, or other issues you might know that it has?

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar