Gå till innehåll

Fuel consumption

Darkwolf

Rekommendera Poster

I would like to ask you all about the fuel consumption of your TGB's.

Mine has;

pertronix ignition, new sparkplugs and cables.

K&n airfilter.

General all terain tires 35"x12,5 @ 3 bar pressure

Discbrakes all around

I fuel her 98 with lead replacement.

My consumption is 1 liter every 4,5 kilometer( gps was used for distance ) . This seems like way to much to me. Especially with my set up as mentioned above. Oh, i drive it normal, max speed 85 km/hr.

Let me know what yours drives per liter and what your toughts are ?

Regards, Ron

Netherlands

post-9149-0-07546500-1468427861_thumb.jpeg

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Hi

I run on 95/98, tuned carbs with new needle valves. Currently  the consumption is 1,5-1,7 depending speed. Normally I drive at 75-85 km/h

Biggest impact on the consuption  ( excluding the right foot :lol:) is carb sync / ignition and any dragging breaks

I noticed a positive differance when replacing the old warn ignition system to 123 ignition more so on the idle speed being more steady

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

On highway at a speed of 70 +/-5km/h on a distance of 200km and wery smooth driving i meassured a consumption of 1.75l/10km this winter.

But over time on mixed roads (city, highway, land roads, off road, tarmac and gravel) the consumption is about 1.9l /10km

Original and adjusted ignition, Original carbs with proper oil level but badly synced.

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

I  almosat dont dare to tell what my TGB 1314 draws per km when drawe most  :ph34r:

At 70 kmh can i gett it down to 2 liter on 10 km. in perfekt conditions.

if the conectors are a bit worn and I drive over 80 kmh, so would it have 3,5 - 4 liters per 10 kmh

Now I have changed everything with the ignition system. and put in refubished carburetor. So I hope that it keeps around 2 liters per 10 kmh 

Next stepp is 123 ignition or similar system

Tatanka sell one for about 1500 sek

Sorry for bad English I will blame google  :P

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar

Darkwolf, I drive most of the time true the forest, and the the consumtion is quite enormus! Thats why I gave my TGB11 a girls name! The only whay to reduce consumption of your TGB would be a motor switch! Please correct me if I am wrong.

I will change to a OM603 mercedes engine!

I think, and its what other told me who uses this engine, that the TGB will use 1 liter on 10 km!

Please again correct me if I am wrong.

Warm greeting

Groetjes

Dick

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar

Te membrane inthe carbs, but also spark plugs and air filter make difference..... "a test" with very dirty airfilter 3-4litre's/10km....

Normal with 25 yrs+ tyre's, 2,4l/10km

New tyre's BF goodrich, appr 280*85/16, 1,8 l/10km

But the right foot make's the difference....

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar

connected the car to an CO computer and indeed it was way to rich !

Made the needed adjustments and went to the gas station...no high octane available...so i had no option to run 95 octane gas wich the engine took fine, no temperature problems or pinging.

Drove 150km on the 95 octane and usage was 1 liter for 5,8 kilometer so it's a bit better. I hope it will make a big difference when i drive on 97 octane again.

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar

• 4 weeks later...

Well, at this moment i do 1 liter on 6 km. Mostly city so it's getting there.

Since we run 98 octane and not 97 i decided to advance the timing a little bit. This gave a good performance boost. No knocking of the engine, not even at very low rpm and heavy working so this is no problem. It's at 12 degrees now.

Tommorow i will make a long run on the highway and i expect a great mileage !

• Like 3
Länk till kommentar