Gå till innehåll

tgb 1315 Ignition cap/rotor/wires/spark plugs

Zeeri

Rekommendera Poster

Hi!

Sorry for writing in English.

I am doing a tune up before heading on a big road trip. Having some trouble with the ignition. The plug wires are screw on which I believe was for radio shielding for the radio car. Can I swap everything to a normal cap, wires, and plugs? What part numbers should I use if i can swap them? What about the points? Some spare points came with the Volvo when I bought it but they were not the right ones. Looking on the Tatanka parts page they seem to match my spare ones, but don't match what is on the truck. Are the radio shielded points different? Where can I find them?

Thanks for your help

Corey

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Good choice, better performance, lower fuelconsumption att better relibilty. Don´t forget you need a 12 volt supply (if I´m not mistaken). The old distriburator & sparks may be good spares to bring?

Looking forward to seeing pictures from your campingadventure...  especially when your fighting grizzlys or giant salmons.... Canada / Alaska would be a dream adventure...  ^_^

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar

Yes i saw the 24v 123 ignition is available in Sweden. I emailed the North American dealer and he said that is something the Swedish dealer does to modify them, 123 doesn't make them that way. I decided to use a 24v -12v converter to power the ignition rather than wait for one to arrive from Sweden. It is supposed to show up tomorrow! From what I read about the install it seems pretty straight forward. Does anyone know of anything I should watch out for? Or could point me to an install thread on here?

Länk till kommentar

No. it is very simple. Mount the converter, feed the converter with 24 V from the ignition switch, remove the old distributor, put in the new, start and drive.

(You must of course follow the detailed steps on how to install the new distributor from the manual, and feed it with 12 V from the converter).

Länk till kommentar

Sorry the photo is so large.

gallery_8847_79_284335.jpg

This is a militairy module. You can find a normal ignition module very easy in Europe but USA will be difficult maybe. However, Tatanka can provide anything you need to make the switch or even go to 123 ignition wich also can be bought in your own country. This is probably the best option for you.

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar