Gå till innehåll
Glynn

B36 aaaarrrgghhh

Rekommendera Poster

Help

I am having trouble with a b36 it ticks over nicely but when throttle is opened it dies.

I have the carburettor apart about 20 times and everything looks ok.

I have a spring missing from vacuum piston but have tried a stronger one and none and same problem.

Hjälpa

Jag har problem med en b36 det tömma över fint men när gaspådrag det dör.

Jag har förgasaren isär ca 20 gånger och allt ser ok.

Jag har en fjäder saknas vakuumkolven men har provat en starkare en och ingen och samma problem.

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg
Dela på andra webbplatser

How about force-feeding the carb with fuel in order to rule out fuel depravation?

Just a thought

• Like 1

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg

Put up some photos,  is it a carter?    Old fuelpump with the one with glas cup enught fuel pressure check the backvale. 

• Like 1

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg

You can see he accelerator pump squirting fuel in so I wouldn't think starvation. I was thinking maybe too much fuel.

Yeah carter wgd. Pump appears ok .

I am pulling what little hair I have out.

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg

Are you sure it fuel problem?  To littel gap on contact breaker can give same symptom when vaccum move them or to bad spark if ingition coil are bad/hot.

• Like 1

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg

A leaking intake manifold will sometimes cause backfiring when the gas pedal is pressed from idle. Same symptom as a faulty carb acc pump...

• Like 1

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg

Tie the redicilous attempt to emission Control open..  There is an axle through the intake manifold with an butterfly valve in each intake opening that reroutes some air through a slightly longer path..  that axle is moved by a cam..  use a metal wire and tie it open.. That should improve the situation to some extent..

It is supposed to make the fuelburn leaner/better somehow..  I had the situation when the Engine was hot..it always started to detonate when moving from idle to full load when hot..

Anyway.. this is an easy thing to try for troubleshoting..

/ E

• Like 2

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg

Thanks einhead I will look at that . I must say that I did not notice this valve, where is it on the manifold?

Thanks Glynn

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg

Skapa ett konto eller logga in för att kommentera

Du måste vara medlem för att kunna kommentera

Skapa ett konto

Registrera ett nytt konto i våran gemenskap. Det är lätt!

Registrera ett nytt konto

Logga in

Redan medlem? Logga in här.

Logga in nu