Gå till innehåll

timing belt and air filter replacement B20-A

Rekommendera Poster

Hello volvo friends!

I am looking to replace a timing belt (Swedish drivrem/fläktrem) on my volvo laplander C202 (almost 70.000 km on the odometer) from 1980.
The engine type is: B20-A with single carburetor version.
Does any one have some ideas for replacement or can tell where to look?
Also I need to replace the air filter, not sure, but I guess the air filter in B20-A engines are similar to early 240 or p1800?
Do anyone have any suggestions?

P.S

Does the C202 also have a fuel filter hiding somewhere?

Any leads and info will be much appreciated:-)

Greetings from East Iceland

post-10218-0-40344700-1516646094_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Perhaps I misunderstod you, are you planing to replace the timing belt simply due to the high milage?

If so; the B20 uses timing sprockets ("kamdrev") and if thats the case we could give you a bunch of links to retailers. However I suspect there ones closer to you, like GB.

If you replace both sprockets or just the "brittle one" if they're not both steel ones I can't answer. Someone else?

Länk till kommentar

Yes, I am learning about the Valp:-)

I am not even sure the laplander have a timing belt or just a regular belt that needs replacement sometimes.

I have the name drivrem/fläktrem from my Swedish manual (page 47. Its the only belt that is listed under maintenance in the manual. What is that belt called then? and are they other belt to think of? thanks!

Länk till kommentar

Fan belt and air filter :)

(Same belt for the generator and the water pump, on which the fan is attached)

See my first post regarding the fan belt.

Saw one on ebay for like 13 british pounds.

I'm assuming (experts may correct me) that the air filter is also nothing special (just not that common/outdated). You don't happen to have any big auto or tractor shop you can bring the filter to and let them either choose an existing one or simply order one for you?

Länk till kommentar

Aha, det var interessant, tak for det. Har du måske nogle forslag til en ny fan/altenator/waterpump belt og en ny luftrenser?

Jeg ved ikke hvilken type jeg skal kigge på nettet.

Ég held að lofthreinsarin er sama sem Volvo 142/144/145 er með.

Þú átt bara að mæla lengd og breidd beltsins, og svo fara til næsta verkstæði og keypa svipað. Það er venjulegt með text á beltið sem segir lengd/breidd, en þad getur að vera erfitt að lesa ef það er gamalt.

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

Yepp. Thats The Fan/altenator belt They are talking about.

You should check it Every 10 000km. Condition and tension.

Thank you Sergeant Gravander for your good info.

And thanks Moderators:-)

Last question gentlemen: Does the C202 have a fuel filter to change or any others then the oil and air filters?

Länk till kommentar

140 har plastburken  c202 har en metall luftburk och den är lägre för att inte slå emot karossen, delar man burken passar det vanliga filtret.

Viktigast på c202 är oljemängden i fd 51 lådan som ska överfyllas rejält.

Tak, men undskyld hvad er "fd 51 lådan"? Måske kan du ilustrare det med billeder?

Länk till kommentar

FD sitter upp lutad på c202 så nivåpluggen hamnar för lågt och på bilar med kraftuttag pto så ligger pto uttagets stödlager

post-5279-0-41440500-1516722500_thumb.jpg

och hindrar olja från att smörja det splinnsade överföringsdrevet.

post-5279-0-80843700-1516722564_thumb.jpg

På c202 kommer detta med tiden gå sönder.

original c202 drev med 12 tusen mil.

post-5279-0-41609600-1516723144_thumb.jpg

För att minska slitaget kan man vid start låta fd lådan stå någon minut i neutral i fd och med växel i ,då skvätter kugghjulen runt lite olja utan belastning och överföringsdrevet får chans till lite smörjning innan belastning.

Are c202 popular on Island? Maybe time for mine to move on for new adventures and owner?

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar

• 2 months later...

FD sitter upp lutad på c202 så nivåpluggen hamnar för lågt och på bilar med kraftuttag pto så ligger pto uttagets stödlager

attachicon.gifDSC02260.JPG

och hindrar olja från att smörja det splinnsade överföringsdrevet.

attachicon.gifDSC02252.JPG

På c202 kommer detta med tiden gå sönder.

original c202 drev med 12 tusen mil.

attachicon.gifDSC02253x.jpg

För att minska slitaget kan man vid start låta fd lådan stå någon minut i neutral i fd och med växel i ,då skvätter kugghjulen runt lite olja utan belastning och överföringsdrevet får chans till lite smörjning innan belastning.

Are c202 popular on Island? Maybe time for mine to move on for new adventures and owner?

Tak for alle dine gode og nyttige informationer, Major! Er det så det der sker, når jeg har svært ved at ramme/komme i 1 gear? Nogle gange er det helt umuligt næsten. Er det tegn på problemer med FD, mangel på olie? Jeg glemte vist at svare på dit spørgsmål: regarding the history of C202 in Iceland, I am still somewhat young so someone with better knowledge may correct me if wrong, but the official Icelandic saga goes that the Swedish government was planning to sell 50 of this beautiful vehicles to Gadafi in Libya, but he was a bad guy, so instead the Swedish government sold it to the private market in Iceland back in time. I see them here and there in different fjords on the east coast of Iceland where I live, but not many of them are running. I will assume some also in the North and West part of the country, maybe total 15-20 running left! Like everywhere they are fast gaining in value. Every summer some cruise ship tourist offer me to buy the car on spot ;)  

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

Lamellcentrumet kan vara skevt,  eller lamelcentrumet kärvar på axeln, eller för hög kvalit på växelådsolja, använd vanlig motorolja eller atf så fungerar synkringarna. 

Dyr växelådsolja är för hal och för stark olje film.

Kul med historia med Gaddaffi jag har en av båtarna han inte fick levererad. 

post-5279-0-73896300-1522606558_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

Lamellcentrumet kan vara skevt,  eller lamelcentrumet kärvar på axeln, eller för hög kvalit på växelådsolja, använd vanlig motorolja eller atf så fungerar synkringarna. 

Dyr växelådsolja är för hal och för stark olje film.

Kul med historia med Gaddaffi jag har en av båtarna han inte fick levererad. 

attachicon.gifPA046633xx.JPG

^_^

Länk till kommentar