Gå till innehåll

D5252T in C202 - will it work?

Rekommendera Poster

I'm interested in diesel power in my C202 - I've seen Scandinavian Marine Trading selling adaptor plates to fit the VW 4 cylinder TDI or Mercedes 4/5 cylinder diesels.

However, I like 5 cylinders, and I have a complete 1997 V70 TDI with D5252T which isn't worth anything, but mechanically is great.

Has anyone fitted this?

The M45 looks like it could be kept - finding an M46 from a 740 or 940 TD would get me the right bellhousing. Would the M45 and FD51 handle 140bhp and 290Nm? Would the axles?

I realise if keeping the gearbox and transfer box, I would probably want to change the diff ratios to get the advantage of the TDI. Alternatively, as the M47 doesn't seem to have a good reputation, could this be uprated or could an M90 mate up to the FD51?

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Mine has m47 and xd3te engine= Indenor 2,5l with turbo/cooler. 235Nm.     If i had build mine today so for max  reliability should  use m45, and m51 and instead change ration in axel to valpens. ration on last gear will be same as m46/m47 overdrive.

One weak point is transfergear m45/m51 on c202, if you play to much with to much torque it will be worn out and in fd51 on c202 this gear has bad lubrication.

On my build I have use m47 alucasting house and m45 c202 gears because i don't want nidellbearing. 

VW/Volvo d24 will probebly fitt direkt on c202 m45 .

• Like 4
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser