Gå till innehåll

Bearing PTO / FD51

Rekommendera Poster

Hi All,

My first post on this forum. I bought a C202 a year ago and completly stripped it and I am now rebuilding it. I am from the Netherlands so my Swedish is not so good ;-)

My C202 has a FD51 transfercase (standard) and has the optional PTO + winch.

After checking my transfer case I noticed the PTO part  for the winch (optional) is missing a bearing. See the pics to explain better.

Sometimes only a cover is placed but if you have PTO this "clutch" is used. It is a vacuum clutch and swicthes PTO (winch).

questions:

• Does anybody know which bearing or replacement bearing  is/can be used in the PTO clutch of the transfer case? 
  • Is this a metric or an imperial bearing?

Thanks.

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.jpg

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

You can messure axel for inside diameter and this bearing is only to make pto clutch steady outside is 47 mm and i think 10-12 mm tickness.

I think someone has take out this bearing för giving maximum life at fd 51 if you look close to haw its builded you see the misstake the done that i long term kill them, I have also thinking many time to take out that bearing.

This is what happens:   Impossible to give link to right page but look at page 215   2017 aug and september

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

Hi Eile, seems good point you have. The big bearing will have no lubrication anymore.

What is smart:

• cancel the pto winch and use an electric one?
  • put grease in that area?
  • other idea: use a bearing without seals and only an open cage? Not sure if this will be open enough to solve the problem.
  • other idea: a brass bush with holes to let the oil go through. No ball bearing but a slide bearing (custom made). There is not too much power on this bearing i think. 

open bearing example:

image.thumb.jpeg.3c8764147b9c670026fef6c08804e677.jpeg

Maybe off topic:

Another thing i noticed in this page 215 is the clutch. I am also looking to renew the clutch (pressure plate/lamel plate/bearing).

i found the clutch of a 164 fits.  Is that correct?

regards

brt

Länk till kommentar

15 hours ago, Overdrive said:

I don't know but Mr Eile knows everything. Eile?

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to follow the renovation of your C202 in it's own tread with loads of pictures :excl:

Hi Overdrive, which forum would be good to place some pics?

Länk till kommentar

Problem is not the bearing lubrication , it is the transfer gear, mine was rebuilded to m47 overdrive sometime after it has done the first turn around on the km meter (more than 100K km).

and I had the short transfer gear and it look like this before rebuild, so I think maximum i 200K km you can get out on this gears and that construction.

DSC02253x.thumb.jpg.d40a39be76b5618b2bd6eac3760dcff2.jpg

Clutch: 164 had one modell that fits but just that one was no common and not possible to find, but pressure plate fits, its a topic on this forum about lamel and i think landrover has the right one, When i had 4 speed m45 on mine a drove with m46 m47 shaft its fits m45 and easy to find lamel.

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

ok, i see. My thought was if you open de bearing the teeth of the gear will be better lubricated but I think these gears are in another position/location (bit more back). I have to check my one and see if I have the short or the long version.

Do you knoiw about the clucth? I just got the info the pitch of the mounting holes on the flywheel is the same for C202 vs 164.

thanks!

Länk till kommentar

• 2 weeks later...
På 2019-06-30 på 07:46, Brt säger:

Hi Overdrive, which forum would be good to place some pics?

Make a new tread especially for your C202 here in "Volvo valp/felt/C202" where you can document every progress of your renovation. Looking forward to some good reading. 

Länk till kommentar