Gå till innehåll

New Felt owner

Rekommendera Poster

Hello everyone.

So, I am a new owner of a Volvo L3314N Felt! Or at least I will be once it arrives up here in Svalbard. I am purchasing the vehicle from Olav Teigen and it will then need to be transported up to Tromsø and then on the Norbjørn ship to Longyearbyen. There is already a L3314N here in Longyearbyen, though I haven't made contact with the owner yet. Should prove to be the ultimate Svalbardbil!

I am sure I will have many questions as I get familiar with my new vehicle - hope that you fine folks on Terrängbil.net can help. What is the policy on posting in English or Swedish, or Norwegian? I am still trying (badly!) to learn Norwegian after having recently moved to Svalbard from Canada, so will be using Google Translate a lot.

I am still waiting to have most of my automotive tools and equipment shipped from Canada too, where I lived for the past 15 years. Spent much of my time there modifying and driving early model Nissan Pathfinders and a Nissan Terrano I diesel I imported from Japan. Sadly it seems impossible to import a heavily modified Japanese domestic market vehicle from Canada to Norway. Easier to import a high power rifle!

I have one quick question while I wait for my Felt to arrive here (probably in mid August). I am sure some of you have experience in fitting a DEFA block heater on the Felt's B18a engine block. What is the best frost plug to use?

Many thanks and I look forward to participating more on the forum here.

IMG_7069.jpg

• Like 7
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

English is perfectly OK, but I have seen that posts in English gets fewer replies than in Scandiavian languages. Tell me if you want me to reply in Norwegian so you can practise your passive Norwegian skills. Users of Norwegian, Swedish or Danish understands each other quite well, so one thread might have a mix of all languages depending on the author. If Google translate fails, try to change language.

I lived on Svalbard for one year as a student on UNIS, and I also had a summer course there some years later. After that I also had my honeymoon there.

On the block heater, go for it. I didn't have a heater in my L3314N so I cannot help you there, but if nobody replies here you should call the Teigen company. He will probably know the answer.

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

I vote for English! Much easier to translate for international members. Norwegian and Danish is stranger for me (born and raised in Sweden). Hope not my English gets mixed with Danish :D Don't forget that we like pictures of our cars, especially from abroad.

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

Nice car, hope to see more pics when it arrives on the island :)

I also vote for use of English. It's easier to read correct English than Google translated Norwegian or swedish. 

I have also lived on Svalbard, but only for 6 months. Season worked on an passenger ship taking tourists around the island. 

Very beutiful up there! 

Welcome to the forum  :wub:

Länk till kommentar

Congratulations to your new car.

On my engine the heater is put into the rear plug on the exaust side. Dont know if that is the best or not and i have never been using since its never been hooked up as long as i have ovned it. 

Excuse the bad pic but it was taken in another purpose ;)

Screenshot_20190727-100305.jpg

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

Tusen takk for hjertelig velkomst til forumet!

I'll post more pictures of the car once it arrives here in Longyearbyen. It needs to first be registered as a civilian vehicle and pass the EU-Kontroll before it is transported up here. That will be some time early next month.

Thanks dam09 for the pic, I'll go for that plug. The DEFA website was fairly vague as to where the heater should go, other than saying it was on the right side.

Also thinking longer term and contemplating a disc brake conversion. Thinking about some of the kits out there for Land Rover Salisbury axles . . .  expensive but pretty. Wonder if they would fit. http://www.zeus.uk.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=49 

Länk till kommentar