Gå till innehåll

TGB 1111 tank hunter pictures

aclark79

Rekommendera Poster

Well hello!  I am hoping this will be a thread where people can post pictures of their TGB 1111 as well as any stories.  The first link is a drop box repository of every most TGB 1111 picture I've found on the web sorted by 90mm vs Anti-Tank missile sub sorted by any army unit number.  Please add pictures and I'll download and add them to the drop box.  I think it makes a great reference for someone looking to purchase, explore or set up their own, either stock or another configuration.

Every TGB 1111 I've found on the web

If you see yours them please speak up!

Some of these are pretty low res pictures, especially the earlier army service pictures.  If you have a good high quality photo I'd love to replace or supplement what's already there.

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

• 5 months later...

As you can see at those photos, there are two different versions of these cars.
The one with a slant back and no rear doors is the original model (tgb 1111) for the 90 mm recoilless rifle.

The first four of those rebuilt for the RBS 56 (BILL)/Anti tank guided missile 56, was made of the original tgb 1111.

When more tgb's was rebuilt for the RBS 56, they were made from the tgb 11, with the roof removed (bolted) and the rear room for lugage rebuilt. Special parts for the tgb 1111, as the roll cage for example, was picked from scratched tgb 1111. Those cars are recognised by the four doors and the straight and boxy  back. 

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

På 2020-07-19 på 02:00, weekend_warrior säger:

When more tgb's was rebuilt for the RBS 56, they were made from the tgb 11, with the roof removed (bolted) and the rear room for lugage rebuilt. Special parts for the tgb 1111, as the roll cage for example, was picked from scratched tgb 1111. Those cars are recognised by the four doors and the straight and boxy  back. 

It is a common and widespread missunderstanding that the TGBs for the RBS56 (the PVRBTGB) were made from regular TGB11.

They were not, they were made from regular PVPJTGB 1111 where the rear of the body (seam is behind front doors) was removed and a newly made rear body (made by Hägglunds) including a more substantial hydraulic lift for the RBS 56 was fitted. The new rear body has some parts in common with "regular" TGB 11, for example lower parts of rear doors and trunk door, but it is nevertheless a custom made rear body. The re-construction was made at the regiment's workshops (Miloverkstäder), possibly at a few select ones that specialized in this procedure.

So every PVRBTGB (be it first or "B" version) is a previous PVPJTGB 1111.

It is logical when you think of it; in the 1990's the 1111 with it's 9 cm anti-tank gun was obsolete and no longer effective on contemporary armour. There were a lot of 1111 available, many in good condition since "combat vehicles" often spent long periods in storage ("mobförråd") and got less usage/miles than everyday "daily runners" like the TGB 11.

The attached picture is an extract from the repair journal of my truck, a PVRBTGB B RBS 56 that began service as a PVPJTGB 1111 in 1978 and after (only) 5852 km in 1996 was re-constructed to carry RBS 56 by the "Miloverkstad" in Skövde.

/pvb301

pvrb.jpg

• Like 4
Länk till kommentar

• 1 year later...