Gå till innehåll

Rock Sliders

Dokatd

Rekommendera Poster

Anyone here have any thoughts on rock sliders for the C303?  I have seen a few people with side plates on the cab but I have not seen anyone bearing the weight of the truck on them.  

It seems to me that the structure at the floor may be strong enough to support the trucks weight without connecting directly to the frame.  However I don’t want to experiment with my straight Alu/zinc body if I don’t have to. 

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

The body has no major strength and is easily demolished when tipping over etc. There are several members on the forum who have tested :P. Just crash safety in the body was a big issue when TGB 11/13 were common in the army, and "the conscript union" did a test with a crane and earth in 50km/h (i have done a quick search but goooooggglle have a problem.....)

See this topic: 

So any cage has to be well connected with the frame, although some members have wood as infocement around the roof etc for "minor support from tree's)

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

Well, my body is a super clean Alu/zinc.   So I don’t anticipate ever rebuilding my body in my lifetime.  Certainly I know the C303 is not great for running into trees, but more specifically I need to protect the sheet metal under the mid doors in case I roll over a rock, log or similar that will hit the metal.  With Land rovers we call those rock sliders and they are usually a 2”x3” 3/16”-1/4” tubing fixed under the door sill and to the frame.   But this arrangement is difficult on the C303. The body in this area seems like it could be boxed over with 3/16” or 1/4” steel plate and be plenty strong to handle being used as a jacking point or take abuse from large rocks etc.   

Länk till kommentar

Hi, i have a simple L-metal piece on the corners. Just like the rocksliders you find on Jeeps. I welded a extra sidebar on that to keep trees and rocks further away from the body but that is not a must. It is handy with getting in the car too BTW.

Anyways, i have driven Croatia trophy with this so this set-up is proven to be strong enough, your body/frame connections are strong enough.

Check out the video's i have on Youtube so you can see what i build and how i tested/used it ;)

The link is right below here;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9h554G3rXnRErL2ZCHlyIg

Länk till kommentar

18 timmar sedan, Darkwolf säger:

Hi, i have a simple L-metal piece on the corners. Just like the rocksliders you find on Jeeps. I welded a extra sidebar on that to keep trees and rocks further away from the body but that is not a must. It is handy with getting in the car too BTW.

Anyways, i have driven Croatia trophy with this so this set-up is proven to be strong enough, your body/frame connections are strong enough.

Check out the video's i have on Youtube so you can see what i build and how i tested/used it ;)

The link is right below here;

The link youtube please?

Länk till kommentar

Yes that is correct. Make sure that the space between body and rockslider is filled with kit/glue/liquid gasket or something so dirt and water can not come in there.

I must have pics from when i build the car but it will take some time to find them.

Länk till kommentar