Gå till innehåll

Fuel consumption

Gäst hdegroot

Rekommendera Poster

Gäst hdegroot

Hello,

I have an "77 C303 ex vattenfall, and i get around 3,75 km with 1L fuel is that normal? with mixed driving

Ive changed

-new fuel filter

-new oil + filter

-New air filter

it seems to run fine and does more than 100km/h on the speedo

seems a bit odd able to drive around 200km...i did run dry last week PDT_Armataz_02_15.gif having to get in 50 liter of fuel

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Gäst Andreas.E

My C303 clocks in on 2250kg, but now i have added around 2-300 extra kg onboard. With full load and 80liters of fuel, tire pressure at 2.2bar, keeping the speed around 80km/hour I think im around 1,9-2,0liter/10km. When she was empty (strait from the army) the fuel consumption was around 1,6-1,8, but then she was light.

I have notice that she is very thirsty above 80-85km/h, so keeping the speed low helps alot.

Andreas.E2009-01-21 17:09:00

Länk till kommentar

Gäst Andreas.E

3.2 liter sounds high to me to. I was probably around that figure before i change the air filter on my car.

Put it this way. On 80liters of fuel I usually gets around 400-450km (note that this is on the road, and in Norway the roads is not that flat) PDT_Armataz_02_02.gif

Länk till kommentar

Gäst danneape

Thats even more than my tgb20 (C306) uses,,

i can get around 400km/ on a tank of gas,, and thats when i go to meetings, so i also go out in the terrain on that tank,,

//Danne
Länk till kommentar

PDT_Armataz_02_11.gif Strange that we seem to be the only countries here in Scandinavia that can work out fuelconsumption the right way. 3,75 km per litre gives a fuelconsumption of 2,57 litre/mile (1 mile= 10 km). It seems high.
Länk till kommentar

Gäst hdegroot

My fuel consumption is 3.2 litres/10km' date=' mostly 70km/h driving. I thought it was normal but compared to Andreas it seems very high.

[/quote']

To me aswell, i get as stated above 2.6 litres/10km... some fellow owners here say they can get 2 litres/10km ?

(paying 1.30euro a liter :( )

i do get around 80km/h sometimes...it seemed faster before the oil and filter change

PDT_Armataz_02_13.gifPDT_Armataz_02_13.gifhdegroot2009-01-21 18:27:47

Länk till kommentar

Gäst Gulingen
PDT_Armataz_02_11.gif Strange that we seem to be the only countries here in Scandinavia that can work out fuelconsumption the right way. 3' date='75 km per litre gives a fuelconsumption of 2,57 litre/mile (1 mile= 10 km). It seems high.[/quote']

Work out the right way??

3,75 km/litre gives 2,67 liter/km. 1 mile = 1,61 km, in this case i equals 4,272 litre/mile. 1 Swedish mil=10 km.

PDT_Armataz_02_05.gif

Länk till kommentar

PDT_Armataz_02_11.gif Strange that we seem to be the only countries here in Scandinavia that can work out fuelconsumption the right way. 3' date='75 km per litre gives a fuelconsumption of 2' date='57 litre/mile (1 mile= 10 km). It seems high.[/quote'']

Work out the right way??

3,75 km/litre gives 2,67 liter/km. 1 mile = 1,61 km, in this case i equals 4,272 litre/mile. 1 Swedish mil=10 km.

PDT_Armataz_02_05.gif

PDT_Armataz_02_11.gif Your calculation doesn´t seem right 2,67 liter/ km and 4,272 litre/mile.
Beau2009-01-21 19:42:48
Länk till kommentar

Gäst Gulingen
PDT_Armataz_02_11.gif Strange that we seem to be the only countries here in Scandinavia that can work out fuelconsumption the right way. 3' date='75 km per litre gives a fuelconsumption of 2' date='57 litre/mile (1 mile= 10 km). It seems high.[/quote'']

Work out the right way??

3' date='75 km/litre gives 2,67 liter/km. 1 mile = 1,61 km, in this case i equals 4,272 litre/mile. 1 Swedish mil=10 km.

[img']smileys/PDT_Armataz_02_05.gif[/img]

PDT_Armataz_02_11.gif Your calculation doesn´t seem right 2,67 liter/ km and 4,272 litre/mile.

Ooooops... forgot to put "10"

2,67 litres/10km or 4,272 litres/10miles

PDT_Armataz_02_15.gif

Länk till kommentar

Gäst ErikC304

To confuse a bit more, the yankees talk about miles/gallon... European standard nowadays is litres/100km and let one of our trucks drink 20L/100km gives 11.5 miles/gallon.

When I made a roadtrip two years ago I drove 80km/h (50mi/h) Karlstad-Alvesta just stopping for eating once. 80L/380km gives 21L/100km. That was my bed truck 6x6 on road tires with 450kg camper, 6 terrain wheels with 4 of them equipped with chains on the bed, plus some other equipment and travel-stuff. But normally it consumed some 22-24L/100km shorter trips.
Länk till kommentar

Gäst Andreas.E

So i would say that we can state that a fuel consumption between 2.0 – 2.4 / 22.0 - 24.0 is what to be called normal. Anything under 1.8/18.0 is a lucky shoot, or the result of heavy tweaking of the system. But one day I will do a real test of my C303. Connecting a 5liter petrol can on the fuel line and then se how far I can go before Im out of fuel. But that will only help me, as every car is different.

But should we return to the problem, that “hdegroot†is having. A part from what you have described, it might be that one of the carburettors is not correct adjusted.

Länk till kommentar