Gå till innehåll

Luftfjädring på Valp/C202

Gäst Frank H

Rekommendera Poster

Gäst Frank H

Hello,

I've done some research during the last month an found airsprings that can be added to the leafs springs without major work.

These airsprings lift up  the Valp up to 10cm depending on the condition of the old leafs. They replace the rubber block spring and only a new hole must be drilled for the lower fixing.

If someone is interested I can send pictures. Perhaps I have one set left for sale. I bought 12 springs, four for my Valp, four for a friend with a C202 and the third set might be free.

I try to keep the assembly finished to the Valp meeting in August in Melle.

With best regards,

Frank

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

• 10 months later...
Gäst Frank H

do u got any webbpage where those can be found' date=' or perhaps some one bigger?
[/quote']

The airsprings came directly from GoodYear Mexico . I did some research over several weeks to find the best spring which fits the Valp without major work. A dealer here in Germany ordered them for me. The delivery time was 16 weeks. The price was about 60,-€ each inkl. shipping.

Data:

max.overall diameter: 4.6 "

design load range: 140-900 pounds

design load range:6.5-7.5 "

useable stroke: 6.5 "

min. compressed height: 4.0 "

max. extended height: 10.5 "

no inner bumper

These springs are available with :

max.overall diameter: 5.6 "

design load range: 170.-1175 pounds

design load range:7.0-9.0 "

useable stroke: 6.5 "

min. compressed height: 4.0 "

max. extended height: 10.5 "

no inner bumper

Länk till kommentar

Gäst Toolman

The question I really want answered is if you can get it to jump like a lowrider PDT_Armataz_02_12.gif

How are you supplying air to the springs? Yes I can see the hose on top... but how are you generating the compressed air and how is the height controlled?

Do the airsprings stiffen the suspension or is it about the same?
Länk till kommentar

Gäst steinv

I've never tried air suspension myself, but I've heard it's good stuff. It can be the only spring element, or be combined with existing leaf, coil, torsion or whatever. When added to an existing suspension, the original springs should normally be softened quite a bit, (remove some leafs) allowing the air springs to take their part of the load. If not, the ride may become harder and bumpier giving less axle movement, not smoother and more versatile, as they're reportedly capable of being.

Airbagit is an American company which develops, produces and sells all kinds of air suspension equipment. They seem well informed and their page has quite a bit of interesting general info on this topic. Link HERE.

Stein

Länk till kommentar

• 8 years later...

Very interesting I was also into airsprings but done this instead:  Mabye next time.

In the back air will work perfekt.   But how does it work in front there axel move a few cm of cc when it flex?   

Länk till kommentar

1 timme sedan, RAMSCHKUCHEN säger:

WHere did you got your new pack of leaf springs? Beause im in bitter need of new ones :(

If you need a bit of soft lift in the back put some old worn out front leaf in back packet front leaf are more curvs than back and worn out works good as back leaf.

Länk till kommentar