Gå till innehåll

TGB in the Uk

Gäst Poptopshed

Rekommendera Poster

The black and silver licence plates are used on historic and military vehicles, they also look better on a older truck than the reflective ones!

I have not yet changed the head lights but i do plan to swap them for uk type with the correct beam angle. 

Drive under bars are not needed again due the age of the truck, i dont think there is any need anyway as there is little room on the sides that they would fit.

Speedo will stay as orginial in kph, i will just add some dots to the dial for mph marker points. My Landrover 101FC is RHD but has a only ever had a kph speedo fitted. Two of other current 109 landrovers have speedos that have not worked for over 12 months!  -_-

It also does not require a speed limiter or tachograph again due the age. 

I have started to move the staff cabin tonight, alot of dirt trapped between the cabin and the wall. Also found a couple of bullet cases and the silver clip at the bottom of the picture. Any one know what it was used for? I guess it is just a paper clip? It has a reflective white sticker on the back and has the three crowns stamped into it..

20130605_185313_zps1fe15c4e.jpg

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

I always wonder how bullet casings always seems to be found in every crevasse. Where exactly do you have to stand and shoot for them to end up there???

;)

Maybe the truck sometimes had the cabin-roof machine gun installed?

Anyway, from reading on the DVLA site it generally seems much easier to register old army trucks in Enhland then in Sweden. Reassuring!

Which brings us to the obvious followup question:

Are there any restrictions on how many passengers you will be able to carry, in the drivers cabin and the troop shelter cabin?

In Sweden the authorities have major hangups about that and it's the luck of the draw if you get that approved or not. Mostly Not it seems.

So even With the troop cabin chances are you're still only allowed 2 passengers :(

Länk till kommentar

I would not have guessed on the real use of the Reflex, thank you for the answers, another mystery solved! I also like the use as a beer bottle opener.  :wub:

Im not so sure on the seating issues, i did ask a friend who MOT's cars and small lorries and even he was not sure. If i remember correctly on the registration form the seating capacity is only the driving cab.

I think you would be to use it as long as you inform your insurance company that it has seating in the rear, seatbelts are still fitted and a form of communication is available( the speaker tube should be ok.) We have horse boxes that we use seating in the body and the body is connected to the main cab. Never had any issues with those.

Länk till kommentar

It is good to have a friend with a crane! Swapping the cabins was so easy with the AEC Militant crane.

20130609_102122_zps095c1f92.jpg

20130609_103810_zps545ce6cf.jpg

I am trying to paint the cabin now but the rain is back and delaying me. 

It is nearly ready for the road and i want to get some spares to carry with me, does any one know what length fan belt is used on tgb 40? Also part number / brand for suitable fuel filters? Any other spares i should carry?    

Länk till kommentar