Gå till innehåll

Motoralternativ vid Dieselkonvertering av en TGB 11-13-20

Fredrik L

Rekommendera Poster

Hi,

is there anyone who made a type homologation (like the one made with TUV of other similar bodies) of the TGB 1314 with OM 606 engine or others?

Here, if we change the engine with other that was never homologated by the manufacturer for the respective vehicle, some extensive testing and individual type homologation has to be completed.

I was advised by this department of motor vehicles to try find if such a vehicle is homologated with respective engine or it is homologated for competition (that seems to easier to deal with in terms of modification accepted) in other countries.

Thanks,

darius

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Jamen mycket blir sagt.....

Min 603960 Mersadieseln funkar grymt bra, tillsamans med automatlådan, finfin på vägen, och helt grym i terränglådan.

Automaten kommer ifrån Range Rover 3,9 lit EFI ZF 4HP22, och fördelningslådan är en tillhörande LT 230 och ingen viskokopling, som är moddad i mellan devet, som jag köpte ifrån Asckroft LTD, så nu har jag en utväxling 1:002, perfekt för portalaxlade bilar.

Marsar 80 km 1800 rpm.

hejs

Länk till kommentar

Hi Frederick,

I saw on some other subject that you managed to receive a document from Volvo stating that you may use OM 606.

Would you please help me a little on this issue?

What did you have to do in order to get it?

Did you make a type homologation/certification/type registration with this engine in your country?

I need to do something similar if I change the original engine with something that was not installed by the manufacturer originally.

If there is such registration elswere in EU, might work fo me if our local authority may get the data from an european data base.

Thank you

Darius

Länk till kommentar

Hi Darius.

I have a document from Volvo but it does´nt specify that i can use a OM606. It´s just states that the brakes and axels can handle the load from an engine with 130Kw and 330Hp.

Kurt Björk is the Volvo guy who writes all the documents we need to register a modification here in Sweden. Mabye he can help you to?

kurt.bjork@volvo.com

Fredrik

Länk till kommentar

I gave it a shot at translating, I hope it is understandable :)

"Hereby, we accept replacement of the engine in Volvo C036X600 ... with registration number XXX XXX to engine type Mercedes 300 Turbo Diesel. Max power: 130 kW

Regarding the assembling work, we take no responsibility since this is done without our supervision.

This is on the conditions that the maximum authorized axle loads are not exceeded."

Länk till kommentar

Attestation

Hereby we approve the change of engine in Volvo C036X600??? with registration number ???? to engine type Mercedes 300 Turbo Diesel. Max. output 130 kW.

Regarding the quality of the installation we will not take any responsibility since this has been done without our supervision.

This is valid as long the maximum allowed axle load is not exceeded.

Göteborg (Gothenburg) May 5th 2011.

Volvo heavy trucks

Vehicle technical

signature

Company number 556013-9700

Edit: After posting the translation I saw that Pvpjtgb1111 had already translated it...

Länk till kommentar

Hi darius

Thanks

Ok the engines are in demand. But not something I would bet on. The price is not really out of place. But it is easier to buy a whole car and drive home. When you have taken what you need, you can sell the rest.
Often the pieces for parts is moor expensive than the car itself.

If you still think in Toyota engine, I would recommend the 4 cylinder D4D. They run well and use SUBSTANTIAL less fuel than the 6 cylendrede.

Do you want to look for a whole Toyota try to look in England. Sweden where I live is not a good place to buy Toyota.
I might be able to find a 1HD FT with gearboxes for approximately 20,000 DKK in Denmark.

Engine is a matter of taste and what you want. ``Want´´ include all aspects of the choice. Legislation, sound, consumption, how much does it fill, RPM, etc etc etc -
Länk till kommentar

News from Kurt of Volvo Sweden:

"... sorry I can´t get you any document regarding homologation. All I do for the Swedish market is that we write that we accept change of the engine as long as the front axel load is not overload.. "

Ok? :)

.martin

Länk till kommentar

Hi,

thank you for helping with the translation to english. My Swedish knowlegde is almost null.

I got today a reply from Kurt who said something similar with what Martin quoted.

Here Toyota engines are quite pricy. I was looking for some Toyota 4 runner/hilux surf comeming from England and unregistered, but now seems to be bad moment to find a good one with 3 liter engine.

I wait for another meeting wit some guy from the department of motor vehicle and depending on what he says regarding the registration of the modifiications, I will decide on the engine.  

D4D looks nice , but comes with electronics and cannot use the entire driveline as it is because the front axle driveshaft exit is on the left side. 

darius

Länk till kommentar

Hej

Jeg tror nu ikke det er så smart at forfalske dokumenter fra Volvo . Her i Danmark er det dirket i fængsel .hvis de tyskere ikke forstår svensk må de jo få det oversat og ikke forfalske det. Er faktisk ret rystet over det.

Når Volvo finder ud af det her er det fuldstændigt slut med at få noget fra dem og det gælder ikke kun her men resten af veteranbil verdenen .

Man skulle hellere arbejde på et godt samarbejde med Volvo istedet for at ødelægge det

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar