Gå till innehåll

C202 Clutch

Rekommendera Poster

The rebuild of my 1978 C202 in England is making progress. I now have the M45 gearbox and transfer box from Sweden. (The vehicle came with neither of these) The engine rebuild is almost complete. Getting new clutch parts seems to be difficult. I do need a new friction plate. It seems the B20a engine in this vehicle was fitted with a different clutch. Maybe a B30 clutch. It is Borg and Beck 9/9.5 inch. I am over to Sweden in a few weeks. Does anyone know the availability of these parts in Sweden?

Thanks.

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Volvo parts are pretty much avalible at any car part dealer (Mekonomen, Bil & Fritid...) if not from the shelf they have it at their shop the day after. If you are lucky you can even get it at the discount store (BILTEMA).

There are two versions of the M45 gearbox and it differs concerning the number of splines on the axis for the frictionplate, 10splines (old) or 22splines (new).

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

Volvo parts are pretty much avalible at any car part dealer (Mekonomen, Bil & Fritid...) if not from the shelf they have it at their shop the day after. If you are lucky you can even get it at the discount store (BILTEMA).

There are two versions of the M45 gearbox and it differs concerning the number of splines on the axis for the frictionplate, 10splines (old) or 22splines (new).

Thanks, SBAT11. I am in Sweden in March, If I have no joy in the UK. I will try your recomendation. I should have said that it is  10 spline, 1 inch . Altyco tell me they have no stock but may have a good used  one . As I do not plan to do a lot of miles that may be the way to go.

Länk till kommentar

I am sure Kjell is right! I did not recomend any articles. I just gave you some link suggestions to appropriate shops. They will be able to find you the right parts (mabye not BILTEMA) if you can give them the right information. Volvo 164 B30E and 9.5" might be it ^_^

We are finally getting some qualified input B)

Länk till kommentar

Ok, no more help from others it seems :huh:

I hope I am not just messing things up. :D  A little against my better judgment, I thought that I would try to help you because you did not seem to get any answers to your question on our forum. :(
I have experience of ordinary volvo cars with B20 as well as B30 engines and did not believe the difference from Volvo TGBs were as big as it apparently is in some aspects. :o
The 9.5" clutch parts you need is obviously easiest to obtain at www.tatanka.nu. Visit their website and email them your questions and I am sure they will answere your questions. :wub:

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar

The C 202 which I have was standing for 25 years with no gearboxes, before I started to rebuild it. I can not be sure that it had the correct clutch. The old friction plate fell apart with rust , but the center hole measures 1" diameter with 10 splines and does fit on to the shaft of the M45 gearbox that I have since got from Terrang Axle along with a transfer box, which fits the output of the M45 box.

I have also found on a Landrover parts suppliers website in the UK, a friction plate that looks like it may be the same  for a Series 2/2a/3 landrover. Here is the link-http://www.mm-4x4.com/series-22a3-clutch-plate-95inch-borg-and-beck-232-p.asp I have made some enquiries with them for more details.

My old friction plate is stamped on the flywheel side 50052 and 52509 on the other side. Putte has sent me some pictures which also look like the right part. Attached are pictures of mine.

post-8934-0-77968200-1424078934_thumb.jpg

post-8934-0-24312100-1424078985_thumb.jpg

post-8934-0-59880900-1424079033_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
Länk till kommentar

Hello

I have the same problem i also need friction plate

I have the Sachs number and have call Sachs i germany but the is not making it any more.

the Sachs part number is 1861 491 041

and if i Google it i get at number that matches Bedford CF

Cant you get parts for them in England??

The pressuer plate and bering from the c303 is the same on the c202

But not the frictions plate

I have parts for the c202 if you need any.

j-and@sol.dk

Best regards

Länk till kommentar

Thanks c202 jp

I found after looking through a parts catalogue for clutches for every car/van, that the Bedford CF had a friction plate the same dimensions. I have been lucky to find one on Ebay and recieved it yesterday. It seems to be correct and fits on the M45 shaft.

The part number on the box is HB 4503. It is an old /new unused item. If I find another, I will let you know.

Best regards.

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar