Gå till innehåll

buying a TGB 30 questions

Gäst Chris_CH

Rekommendera Poster

Gäst Chris_CH

Hello,

I'm sorry to post in English, but unfortunately I do not speak Swedish.

After a couple of months to browse the internet for a off-road military truck, I found an opportunity of a TGB 30 in France, and already registered in France, so no VAT and registration burden to bare. In the meanwhile, I'm also in contact with a Swedish company (found on Alibaba.com) for a TGB 30.

I went visit the TGB and took pictures, so now I would like to ask you a couple of questions concerning the TGB's condition I visited in France.

I found a bit of rust on the driver windshield I would like to know how difficult to remove the seal to take out the windshield to fixe the rust?

The boxes down the flat bed are rusted, one in particular, is that the case on the majority of the TGB?

Is it possible to buy a crew cabin/shelter the one I visited is a flat bed? the idea behind that is to make kind of camper inside this cabin, the TGB will be mostly used in expedition/raid in north Africa to begin.

And finally I attached a couple of picture to let you comment on the condition of the TGB.

The transfer case:

IMG_1768.jpg

Rear axle:
IMG_1769.jpg

Rear view/suspension/chassis:
IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

The rusted box (the other are in a better condition a little bit of rusted but not perforated):
IMG_1773.jpg

Front axle/suspension and lowest part of the engine:
IMG_1785.jpg

Note that the TGB is fitted with tire 14.00 R20 (which is kind of cool this is what I want to do anyway)
Thanks everybody to give me help!
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Gäst Chris_CH

Hej, 

efter det senaste inlägget jag gjorde Translate (Google Översätt) på 

fråga är att jag har ungefär en TBG 30 hittade jag i Frankrike. 

Jag tog bilder på TBG 30 jag såg, och jag skulle vilja ha 

Dina kommentarer / yttrande om tillstånd. 

Tack alla, 

Chris.

Länk till kommentar

Gäst danneape

It´s ok to write in english,, most of the people in sweden understand english both spoken an written,

Sorry i can´t help you with anything on the tgb30-40 but there are others here that can,

Be patient and you shall be rewarded,, PDT_Armataz_02_44.gif

//Danne
Länk till kommentar

Gäst Chris_CH
It´s ok to write in english' date=', most of the people in sweden understand english both spoken an written,

Sorry i can´t help you with anything on the tgb30-40 but there are others here that can,

Be patient and you shall be rewarded,, [img']http://forum.terrangbil.net/smileys/PDT_Armataz_02_44.gif[/img]

//Danne

Thanks!
Länk till kommentar

i think it look kinda decent, its more rusty then the tgb's i have seen but with a weld and a weekend off, that problem should be solved :)

You should be able to find a crewcabin, at least here in sweden. Its the same cabin to both tgb 30 and 40 no difference there.

How about the mileage?

//Calle

Länk till kommentar

i think it look kinda decent' date=' its more rusty then the tgb's i have seen but with a weld and a weekend off, that problem should be solved :)

You should be able to find a crewcabin, at least here in sweden. Its the same cabin to both tgb 30 and 40 no difference there.

How about the mileage?

//Calle[/quote']

To avoid confusion: the military version for extra passengers (separate box on the cargo bed) should better be called 'shelter' or 'shelter-box'; crew-cabin (front mono-body) is the one only seen with some airfield firefighters 6x6....I don't believe I have even seen a crewcabin with civil trucks/firefighters (civil name is SBA111 (4x4) & SBAT111 (6x6) btw)

But of course, the rear shelter box is the one best suited to convert to camper....;))

(only what I call a 'triple-cabin' would be suited for a similar conversion....such large front cabins can only be found on some firefighters from other brands (not this Scania), with 3 seating rows)

W-J-M2009-10-26 20:45:03

Länk till kommentar

Gäst Chris_CH
i think it look kinda decent' date=' its more rusty then the tgb's i have seen but with a weld and a weekend off, that problem should be solved ;)

How about the mileage?

//Calle[/quote']

Thanks for the info, the truck is a bit less than 39'000Km (I guess Km?) at least this is the value on the odometer.

So now about the rust, I still have the option to have a look on the Swedish company that offer similar trucks, the box under the bed are ok this is not the part that I m worried about it could be fixed, the frame and axles are more my concern.

Thanks again you for your infoPDT_Armataz_02_44.gif
Länk till kommentar

Gäst Chris_CH
i think it look kinda decent' date=' its more rusty then the tgb's i have seen but with a weld and a weekend off, that problem should be solved ;)

How about the mileage?

//Calle[/quote']

To avoid confusion: the military version for extra passengers (separate box on the cargo bed) should better be called 'shelter' or 'shelter-box'; crew-cabin (front mono-body) is the one only seen with some airfield firefighters 6x6....I don't believe I have even seen a crewcabin with civil trucks/firefighters (civil name is SBA111 (4x4) & SBAT111 (6x6) btw)

But of course, the rear shelter box is the one best suited to convert to camper....;))

(only what I call a 'triple-cabin' would be suited for a similar conversion....such large front cabins can only be found on some firefighters from other brands (not this Scania), with 3 seating rows)

ok point taken, I didn't know the exact name, but this is it the shelter-box is what I'm looking for. Do you have any place that you could provide me to find those?

Thanks again.

Chris.
Länk till kommentar

Okey, yep thats kilometer. Well i think both frame and axels look good, not too much oil and grease coming out of them.

If you dont find a shelter in the private market like here on the forum, www.blocket.se or likewise. perhaps some company like milmac.se, servicecenter.se or surplus.se have one or can help you get one. I know that surplus.se (Active Life Equipment) have a bunch of tgb30 with the shelter on. They also have the airforce tgb 40, they are so cool!

//Calle

Länk till kommentar

Gäst Chris_CH
Okey' date=' yep thats kilometer. Well i think both frame and axels look good, not too much oil and grease coming out of them.

If you dont find a shelter in the private market like here on the forum, www.blocket.se or likewise. perhaps some company like milmac.se, servicecenter.se or surplus.se have one or can help you get one. I know that surplus.se (Active Life Equipment) have a bunch of tgb30 with the shelter on. They also have the airforce tgb 40, they are so cool!

//Calle

[/quote']

Ok, this is good news. What is also surprising, is that when I saw the axles/chassis  compare to the pictures I took is quite different. I didn't saw anything but the color, grease but didn't notice rust , while on the picture you can see slight traces of the rust.

Thanks,

Chris.
Länk till kommentar

Gäst rocknroll

Hi Chris, so your TGB looks like a little ....oxodation/rosty

Bad inspektions, the springs look like verry dry.

What do you wont to do with the TGB?

Where is this TGB?

Sweden?

In SE you will find better TGB30 in realy good kontitions.

my 5 cent

greeez Rock

OT:

Ich glaub du bist aus der Schweiz, oder?

Ich wohne bei Karlsruhe, kannst dir gerne mal meinen TGb anschauen wenn du südlich von Basel wohnst

Länk till kommentar

Gäst Chris_CH
Hi Chris' date=' so your TGB looks like a little ....oxodation/rosty

Bad inspektions, the springs look like verry dry.

What do you wont to do with the TGB?

Where is this TGB?

Sweden?

In SE you will find better TGB30 in realy good kontitions.

my 5 cent

greeez Rock

OT:

Ich glaub du bist aus der Schweiz, oder?

Ich wohne bei Karlsruhe, kannst dir gerne mal meinen TGb anschauen wenn du südlich von Basel wohnst

[/quote']

Hello Rock,

I didn't bought yet this TGB, this TGB is in France this is why I was interested in this one closer to my home. however I'm in contact with Swedish company that offers TGB 30 and this is the raison why I posted the pictures of the French registered TGB 30. This is the reason why I would like to have (you guys) expert opinions. I don't mind to go up to Sweden to find one that is in a better condition. This is important as I will spend quite of money, I want that money to be spent well on a good condition TGB.

I would to do raids/expedition with the TGB 30 mostly in north Africa to start!

Thanks.

Christophe.

Chris_CH2009-10-27 15:00:53

Länk till kommentar

Gäst rocknroll

In Geramny uper 9000€!!( 95000SEK)  without TÃœV! ( technical inspektion)

They are expensive in Germany, so more people buy the MAN KAT 1...

I love my " Dreck-Mobil"PDT_Armataz_02_11.gif

Länk till kommentar

Gäst Chris_CH
Well you could find trucks in better condition in sweden' date=' for sure.

how much did the french one cost?

//Calle[/quote']

The guy is asking for 12'000 â‚¬, but I would like to offer 9'500 â‚¬, note that the TGB is fitted with 5x 14.00 R20 + 5x OE (Original Equipped) wheels wheels, how much in SE?
Länk till kommentar

Gäst Chris_CH
In Geramny uper 9000€!!( 95000SEK)  without TÃœV! ( technical inspektion)

They are expensive in Germany' date=' so more people buy the MAN KAT 1...

I love my " Dreck-Mobil"[img']smileys/PDT_Armataz_02_11.gif[/img]

The MAN KAT was also an option... but I found that this is more expensive (14'000 â‚¬ VAT included), and I like the idea of the automatic gear box of the TGB.
Länk till kommentar

Okey, in my opinion thats what a tgb40 will cost in sweden.

Taking about the tgb30, in good condition perhaps 5-7000 euro.

The most tgbs here in sweden are equipped with the org tyres, and the cost is about 500euro a piece. "roadtyres" in 14R20 just below 1000euro what i've found.

//Calle

Länk till kommentar

look @  www.blocket.se There you can finde some TGB to

Yes I saw this' date=' I left a message to one of the announcer, hope he speaks English! Thanks.
[/quote']

i will gladely help you if he's not PDT_Armataz_02_02.gif

Länk till kommentar

How about the mileage?

//Calle[/quote']

Thanks for the info, the truck is a bit less than 39'000Km (I guess Km?) at least this is the value on the odometer

Just be aware, in general, that there is also a Swedish Mile, 1 such 'mil' being 10km....;))

(can be quite confusing in the context of very low mileage military vehicles)

(cq 8000km is sometimes just as plausible as 8000mil....:))

(especially with Volvo C3-series and renovated alu-zinc bodies)

W-J-M2009-10-28 08:20:05

Länk till kommentar