Gå till innehåll

Colour scheme on Rörligt Kustartilleri Amfibiebil 101 C

Mark_Ellis

Rekommendera Poster

Hej

This photo is of a Swedish Alvis Stalwart Amfibiebil 101 C.

It's interesting in that it has Michelin XL tyres, compared to the Track grip tyres that Alvis fitted on to all of their 6x6 (Saladin, Saracen, Salamander, Stalwarts) - except for the 1050 Stalwarts that the British Army bought, which had Bar grip tyres fitted. But it also has a 4 colour paint scheme.

The rörligt kustartilleri seem to have left all their 101 the same plain green as when they arrived from the UK.

The letter from Major J Olsson of 1993 talks about the Swedish Army Engines taking interest. I think that's possibly a typo for Engineers.

This vehicle was made in 1967, and some of that year didn't get into service until the end of 1968 - which I think is to do with the FOCO cranes being fitted by someone unknown in Sweden. I can't get any answers on if the Kustartilleri own workshops at Rosenholm fitted them.

I would normally think it was a tyre trial, to see how the Michelin tyres compared to the Track grip - but the paint scheme makes me think perhaps it was on loan to the Swedish Army at this time.

Would anyone have any idea or information about this, please? Thanking you in advance.

Mk2-Swedish-10.JPG.827c83c1d9a4419c8687bdec32b5460c.JPG

A standard 101 C with Track grip tyres

Mk2-stalwart-swedish-mk2-17.JPG.666f5e3a8930066b2c5ef1a3e431bc82.JPG

France tried the Michelin XL tyre in 1965

BerlietW2.thumb.jpg.8129d19ea9e1831f7ef2ed1dc86f49e8.jpg

Which were still on it 58 years later

1-Alvis-Berliet-Mk1-STAL34-2.thumb.jpg.eb792894e1e3d6f2ebc16279043c0e8a.jpg

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser