Gå till innehåll

Clutch, Hydraulic or cable C202

Rekommendera Poster

With the rebuild of C202 making some progress, It came to a stop when with the intention of fitting the clutch and getting the engine back in, I came across a problem.

The gearbox and clutch housing  that I got from Terrang Axle( My C202 came to me without gearboxes) came with the lever that depresses the fork for the realise bearing in the clutch is for cable operation. The angle of the lever is different and the detent on the splines is in a different place  than for the hydraulic type. I have the master cylinder and pipe work and new slave cylinder for hydraulic operation fitted so I need a lever to suit. It may be possible to adapt the existing lever, make a new locating groove/detent in the splines and straighten and shorten the lever but not sure what angle this should be at.

I would prefer to get the correct lever.

I wonder if I could get one in Sweden. I am in Southern Sweden late September for a couple of weeks.

Anyone know if they are available? Also need the studs for connecting manifold to exhaust pipe system What thread are they?

Thanks for your attention.

Photo of my C202 1980s. It stood lonely for 25 years after that.

post-8934-0-64559600-1438798893_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks eile,

I have noted the contact details of the Blocket advertiser.

I have just modified the cable type  clutch lever to work as for the hydraulic system.

I ground down a couple of splines on the shaft to enable me to re- position the lever.

Then flattened the lever and shortened it to fit the slave cylinder.

It seems ok so that I have put the clutch back together and gearbox on ready to install the engine.

Attached picture.post-8934-0-15528500-1440751452_thumb.jpg

Although the parts manual shows the 2 rubber mountings for the gearbox below the gearbox bracket ( painted green in the photo), I presume that they are mounted each side of the bracket , then on to the cross chassis member?

Länk till kommentar

A few years ago I put a c202 clutch housing to the garbage by missstake.

Rubber look like this, but without extra distans,  gearcase here is an m47, 5 gears

post-5279-0-62436200-1440754634_thumb.jpg

If you are in Southern Sweden you can pass by and take a look how a camper c202 can look like,

maybe i will put this out on blocket soon.

https://www.google.se/maps/@57.1858516,14.069793,3a,75y,131.96h,79.09t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s-hEHzc2S_kfrbb2lR-yoWg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Länk till kommentar

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Eile,

engine and gearbox now installed. Had to remove the brake servos for repair. and still sorting the clutch hydraulics .

I have managed to turn the engine over with the starter which is progress! Fuel, exhaust etc still to do.

I can for see a few problems with the wiring. A lot of the wires seem to be yellow!. they have little ally tags/collars but all are unreadable. I need a wiring diagram. That would be great.

When in Sweden I am based near Helsingborg, but sometimes go up to Gislaved to visit relatives.

Maybe make contact in the future. Your C202 looks neat!

Länk till kommentar

Found the wiring diagram in the download instruction manual . 2 pages quite difficult to read but may help.

My concern now is that I have found both brake servos need repair. So far quotes for them replaced or repair are a lot of money ,

repair is about £150 each , replace is £290.00 each! As they are remotely fitted maybe I can use another type. I believe Rover/MGB have a similar one. My ones are marked -- Girling 5/8.

Anything in Sweden that may suit? I am there next week for 2 weeks.

Länk till kommentar

Whats wrong with your girling servon? Leaking?   One rubber part use to leak and that part are cheap but litle tricky to change.

Girling servon are more comon i UK on all bmc cars.   Other volvo tgb has better servon and you can change.

Or put a modern breakservo, problem use to be space and a bit to litle mastercylinder.

Värnamo is on the way to Gislaved.

If you whant a better copy of wiring diagram , mejl me on eile@vmomail.se 

Länk till kommentar