Gå till innehåll

Door-locks: coding differences military vs civil?

Gäst W-J-M

Rekommendera Poster

Gäst W-J-M

Dear group,

In the German C303-Forum somebody claimed that the C3-doorlocks, at least military, came in only 25 different codings....

a) is that true?

B) does that also apply to civil models?

c) when ordering a new set of 2/3/5 doorlocks from Altyco (still available?), does one get again 1 coding out of a set of 25, or is that from a larger (civil?) range?

d) do these locks match any other European vehicle, which then might/should have a larger range of codings?

Btw, for those having different locks on one vehicle, requiring different keys: apparently one can complete disassemble the locks, and match the coding to one of the existing keys.

(the keys can be machined right out of the computer, only requiring the coding (on either lock or (original) key) but I guess that fact is already known in Sweden)

Many thanx in advance for any clearification in this matter!

Willem (stronly considerering additional/motor-home doorlocks on his Volvo, if there are indeed only max 25 different keys around!) Jan

http://www.merseyworld.com/safeways/

http://www.xor.org.uk/unimog/mymog/deadlock.htmW-J-M2007-05-25 20:48:43

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

A) I dont know, but it sounds not quite right..

B) definitively not

C) I think Altyco mostly have spare parts from military veichles

D) Many parts are standard parts from other Volvo veichles from the same time, including escavators, tractor's, trucks....

It's only some pieces of metal and it's made by a man and can also be re-built by man..
JDW2007-05-26 20:00:02
Länk till kommentar

Gäst W-J-M
A) I dont know' date=' but it sounds not quite right..

B) definitively not

C) I think Altyco mostly have spare parts from military veichles

D) Many parts are standard parts from other Volvo veichles from the same time, including escavators, tractor's, trucks....

It's only some pieces of metal and it's made by a man and can also be re-built by man..
[/quote']

Interesting side-note:

From the same German forum, it appears that one can disassemble and rebuild/re-code the locks, for the obvious purpose to match all 5 locks to one key.

Given that, even if the military only used 25 different codings, it should then also be possible to create codings *outside* these standard 25....the difficult part will then be to have a key made for it, even more when doing the right way, having the key made from the matching computer-data.

And finding this data-match is the tricky part of course.

(note though that the computer shows the physical appearance of the individual key-coding, so it is not completely trial&error)

Länk till kommentar

I'ts an other topic in this forum (in Swedish) were someone rebuilt the locks, and it would be a piece of cake for a proffessional to do it (including an totally new key).

And if there where only 25 diferent locks, why couldn't the Sw army handle that better. It was Tgb's that you need 3-5 keys to lock, and if it's only was 25 versions, and 20 tgb's in a batallion, why even use the locks...
Länk till kommentar

Gäst W-J-M
I'ts an other topic in this forum (in Swedish) were someone rebuilt the locks' date=' and it would be a piece of cake for a proffessional to do it (including an totally new key).

And if there where only 25 diferent locks, why couldn't the Sw army handle that better. It was Tgb's that you need 3-5 keys to lock, and if it's only was 25 versions, and 20 tgb's in a batallion, why even use the locks...
[/quote']

Saw a picture & description today in the German forum; 5 plates in 3 different shapes, so at least theoretically 3^5=243 possible codings....

Länk till kommentar