Gå till innehåll

Air lockers switches

Klug

Rekommendera Poster

Hello.

I'd like to replace the genuine switches (front locker, rear locker, PTO, winch) by some more "modern" switches, either by using solenoids air switch (ARB or equivalent?) or manual rocker air switches, with protection covers.
The idea would be to loose less room than the genuine switch (that are big), move the PTO/winch switches next to the difflocks ones (behind the driver seat is not easy to use) and have a more simple piping distribution under the car.

Has anyone already done that?

Does anyone knows what is the normal value for the depressure (depression pressure?) on the truck? Maybe it's somewhere in the documentation but I did not find it (yet).

I found some cheap manual rocker air switches, that are supposed to work for a 1.5-8 kg/cm2 pressure, I wonder if they can be used.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Well, the difflocks operates by vacuum so you can translate the pressure to negative 0-1 bar or kg/cm2  (-1bar)

Many pneumatic valves uses the system pressure to move the internal parts and seal the valve when it operates and these valves need a minumum pressure to operate. The magnetic spool in the electrically operated pneumatic valves just starts the movement in the valve but pressure do the actual sealing  work.

If the valves you found is interely mechanicly operated they might work even at low pressure but it depends on the design of the valve.

However, a spring applied solenoid needle valve shoud do the trick since it is less dependent of the system pressure when it seals.

Fredrik L (and others) have modified the switches for the diffs, maby some information in this thread:

http://www.terrangbil.net/forum/index.php?/topic/5256-uppgradering-av-en-tgb-13-helkaross/

Länk till kommentar

the difflocks operates by vacuum so you can translate the pressure to negative 0-1 bar or kg/cm2  (-1bar)

I don't know what is the needed pressure to operate the difflocks.

-1 bar? 

-2 bar?

More? Less?

If the valves you found is interely mechanicly operated they might work even at low pressure but it depends on the design of the valve.

However, a spring applied solenoid needle valve shoud do the trick since it is less dependent of the system pressure when it seals.

Got to try then...

Less than 5€ (coming from China) is not expensive, I'm gonna buy a bunch of them.

Fredrik L (and others) have modified the switches for the diffs, maby some information in this thread:

Now digging in the thread, thanks.
  • Like 1
Länk till kommentar

I don't know what is the needed pressure to operate the difflocks.

-1 bar? 

-2 bar?

More? Less?

You are always surrounded by air pressure at 1 bar(at sea level). In outer space there is no atmosphere and there you have 0 bar=vacuum.

We can also call the pressure in outer space minus (-)1bar compared to the atmosphere pressure.

So, in our vacuum  tanks on our volvos we have vaccum. Theoreticly it can have the same low pressure as in outer space= 0bar.

We can also say that it is 1bar below atmosphere pressure, or minus (-) 1bar.

The pressure to operate the difflocks is therefore -1bar. (minus 1bar) if you have a good vacuum in the tanks.

But, the difflocks usally can be engaged even if the vacuum is not perfect so i would say that they can probably be engaged even if we only have -0.5 bar

• Like 3
Länk till kommentar