Gå till innehåll

Alternator/Voltage Regulator?

Zeeri

Rekommendera Poster

Again, sorry for the English.

I am back from my trip and it went moderately well. I got the 123ignition installed the day before I left and it works great! I think I drove about 2000km. Here is a link to some public photos and the tracking map. I didn't have tracking on the whole time but it does show how far north I got to.

https://share.delorme.com/CoreyRoss

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10157480021945252.1073741840.721540251&type=1&l=1e639ce587

I had to come back early as my alternator started acting up. It would randomly stop charging, and did that more often as time went on. Especially if rpm dropped down to idle. If I shut the truck off and restarted then got moving right away it would work. What is a common reason for failure for these alternators? I changed the belts out just to make sure they weren't slipping, the problem still persists.

I see on the Tatanka site they have brushes and regulators for sale. Would these parts work even though my truck used to be a radio truck and I believe came with a higher output alternator? Or maybe there is a more modern 24v internally regulated alternator that is easily swapped in?

Thanks for any help!

Corey

• Like 3
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Maby the sliprings are worn out, when you rebuild generators with inbuild relay use the one with a resistan that make the cargeng light indacate when it don charge corectly.

Charging light is giving premagnetism to the generator if you have to have good contetion there.post-5279-0-26075000-1474009437_thumb.jpgpost-5279-0-21959700-1474009453_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser