Gå till innehåll

Battery-tray from civil C3-series, who made it?

Gäst W-J-M

Rekommendera Poster

Question for those familiar with the battery-tray in the civil (12v) C3-series: was this a generic model from suppliers, or was it made by or for Volvo specifically?

I ask this because thusfar I have only seen one model (in a C306 firefighter) that was large enough to hold a 'bus-battery' (150-200A), but since the tray was made from stainless-steel, chance is high that was custom made/mounted much later in life, on request of the firebrigade.

(plus that this particular firefighter showed, in my opinion/analysis, one of the worst incarnations of vapor-lock, requiring starting-procedures of several minutes (in hindsight leaving it cool down the same amount of minutes probably would have gained the same result....8-)), and since the firechief assured me the vehicle came this way from the previous firebrigade, 10 years ago (with an insane open-header/open-airfilter conversion, American-style), I could only assume they had no choice than to abuse the starter this way, resulting in a need for a bigger battery....8-))

(an Optima probably would have done the same though....:))

Anyone ever seen the standard 12v battery tray in other vehicles, non-Volvo, or even in catalogs from generic suppliers of car/truck-parts?

And, most importantly: was there ever more than one size, in the same style?

Since that is my goal, a larger battery tray, in the same style, to keep it somewhat original.

(in C306 firefighters, the choice between small and large tray is mostly dominated by having either a shallow or a deep rear cabin, so that the rear bench passengers on the left have enough leg-room (cabin depth 125-150cm))

PS: I believe that the C303/C304-4x4 pickup has the same battery tray, then on the outside, under the bed, in the exact same spot as with the hard-body models inside.

Any clues, pointers or references to possible manufacturers?

It's no rocket science to create one myself, or modify the original tray, but if they can still be bought as generic parts, in larger sizes, that would be a great help....:))

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser