Gå till innehåll

m46 + ft51

Gäst Gosia

Rekommendera Poster

It's nice to say hello on your forum.

We found your website looking for best solutions to our car and for now it was the best source of

knowledge to our  questions. PDT_Armataz_02_02.gif

Until now.. PDT_Armataz_02_26.gif

We're constructing car for offroad and we have b230ft volvo engine with m46 transmission for it.

We're thinking to bring it together with fd51 transfer case (like Eile forum your forum did). There's also another way.. we can buy whole set from volvo c303 - zf s4-18 transmision with fd51 transfer case.

Is it possible that this set will match b230ft engine? Or we'll have to modify flange (adapter to the engine) and clutch ?

And the most important case - is it a good choice that we're thinking about?

What's your opinion about zf transmission and fd51 transfer case? What about weight, gear shifting and it's reliablity. What about spare parts (it's availability) Maybe there's another way to do it quicker/easier and  much better...? Please help! :)

If you find this choice a good one - where can we buy PTO for this kit?

You can answer in swedish but if it's possible please answer in english :) Our wordlingo translator sometimes makes simple sentence completly unclear ;)

Sorry for my mistakes - my english is far from perfect...

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Poland. PDT_Armataz_02_43.gif

Gosia2009-12-28 23:01:59

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Gäst ErikC304

Hello and welcome here! Is it a Volvo car you are building or just using Volvo parts?

zf s4-18 transmision with fd51 transfer case. Is it possible that this set will match b230ft engine?

In other words, the clutch housing of zf s4-18 should fit both B30 and B230, do anyone know if thats so?

What's your opinion about zf transmission and fd51 transfer case?

The zf I believe is not the funniest to shift, but that can maybe be blamed to the lever connection design in the TGB.

Länk till kommentar

• 2 weeks later...

Thank's for the answer!

Best wishes in New Year!PDT_Armataz_02_02.gif

For now it's just a plan to use volvo parts (the case is, that we have volvo 945 for spare parts... ). Our car has frame and part of body from russian military car UAZ PDT_Armataz_02_44.gif

sodomiada131135.th.jpg

Does anyone know about these clutch housing from zf s4-18 and clutch shaft? Does it fit to B230?

thanks in advance PDT_Armataz_02_43.gif

Länk till kommentar