Gå till innehåll

Volvo TL22 as part donor for Sugga.

Gäst denis23

Rekommendera Poster

Gäst denis23

Hello;)

Sorry for once again speaking English, and asking stupy questions.

There is quite a lot of the nice Volvo TL21 around at cheap price, and it seems a good idea to use it as donor for Sugga. So, how mechanically identical is Volvo Sugga to the Volvo TL11/21/22?

Best regards,

Denis

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Gäst 912.Lars

Hi Denis!

This subject has been brought up before and I´m sorry to say that eventough the cars look the same in the front similarities ends there, even parts as front fenders and bonnet is not the same on the two cars. The TL11/12/22 share the design and a few parts wth the Raptgb 915 (Sugga) but vital pars such as body parts, engine and axels are not the same. The manuals for both models can be found on the front page (www.terrangbil.net), they are in Swedish put you can make the comparison in measurements and name on different parts such as engine, gearbox, carb, ignition and so on to se for yourself.

So to buy a "cheap" TL22 as a donor car will be expensive in the end since you will only be able to use a few parts like headlights and relay for turn signals.

The best way to get parts for the sugga is to try altyco parts or terräng-axel that has some spare parts, both new and used for the sugga. The phonenumbers/adresses for these companies can probably be found on this forum.
Länk till kommentar

912/6x6 - Experiences I have made myself and I'm sure of

* The front has the parallell-beam in the rear of the axle. (Sugga in the front).

* I'm 99% the front axle assembly will interchange.

* The sugga parallell-beam can me transfered to a 6x6 axle.

* The 6x6 has a different gearing, but sometimes the 6x6 came with the same gearing as sugga.

* Obviously the gearings will fit, if you want to regear your sugga

* The rear axles lack the provisions to bolt a leaf spring to them.

* Rear axles have sh*t on them that you have to remove before you can mount an ordinary leaf spring.

* The axle housing is weldable, beforementioned leaf spring mounting can be adressed.

* It's the same axle shafts. I´M POSITIVE.

* The frames are _completely_ different. I men they are a f**king mile apart in many ways.

* The transfer case is the same, apart from maybe the handbrake drum being there or not.

* It's not the same gearbox. NOT(!)

* It's not the same engine! -I mean DIFFERENT.

Länk till kommentar