Gå till innehåll

Sugga easy engine and gearbox swap?

Gäst sugga915

Rekommendera Poster

Gäst sugga915

I love my sugga but I find it impractical to drive around regularly because of the non sychro gearbox. Has anyone got any recommendations for a fairly straightforward engine and gearbox swap?

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

I love my sugga but I find it impractical to drive around regularly because of the non sychro gearbox. Has anyone got any recommendations for a fairly straightforward engine and gearbox swap?

What country are you located in and what chassis number is your Sugga?  Engine choices available to you will depend largely on where you live.
Also' date=' things depend on what "straightforward" means to you.   There is likely nothing you'd be interested in that is a straight drop-in replacement for part, or all, of the powertrain.   An experienced restoration mechanic would be able to make lots of different options work --- there is lots of space in the engine compartment of the Sugga.  But, at a minimum, there will be fabrication involved to create mounts for the new engine and transmission.  And you may have to replace the entire drivetrain, including differentials, axles, wheels.

BBF TX

bbftx2010-12-20 19:35:43

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser