Gå till innehåll

ventilation seal

Gäst Costin Moga

Rekommendera Poster

Gäst Costin Moga

Hello,

Has anyone tried to replace the no-longer-available front doors ventilation window seals of the Sugga with seals from another car ?

If I remember well, it was mentioned somewhere these are similar to the 1940 Ford Deluxe / Sedan car. They sure look very alike.vent_window.jpg

It's not unlikely these days Volvo used many parts from existing vehicles, including vent windows seals...

Have also a look here:

This is the Ford I'm talking about:

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

They used many parts from other production inside Volvo, but in that time "subcontractor" wasen't invented  yet so i think it's same as Volvo's in the same time that could have the same window. And there are not so many civil Volvo cars that ages  who still are in use.

Or??
Länk till kommentar

Gäst Costin Moga

Yes, I'm sure 'subcontractor' is much younger ideea (hello Mr. Geely !).

Many parts were just bought from other producers, but we can't call them subcontractors as they did not made special designs following the car design - it's the other way round, the car is made with existing parts. Like Rochester carburetor, Lockheed brakes, Bosch electrics, not to mention the Dodge engine design !

Anyway, the doors, window details and vent window look very alike to the Ford car. I think it's possible they just bought the part instead of designing one for a 724 pcs car model...
Länk till kommentar