Gå till innehåll

Axle load rating of C304/4x4

Gäst W-J-M

Rekommendera Poster

Gäst W-J-M

Anyone here with a C304/4x4/pickup?

(the medium wheelbase, 253cm)

I would like to know the axle load rating for front and rear....wanting to confirm my theory that because the total vehicle weight is rated at 4000kg, and most of that extra weight (compared to C303/3250-3450kg) is resting on the rear axle, that rear axle should have a load rating of more than 2000kg, perhaps as high as 2500kg.

I want to use this information for my plan to increase the official max weight of the vehicle, which of course starts at the axle ratings, before any DOT-inspector even wants to look at it....

(note that the rear spring of a C304/4x4 also has a stronger leaf spring, 9-leafs instead of 7 or 8 on any other C3-series (4x4 front and rear, 6x6 front-only))

(I had these 9-leaf springs mounted on the front of my C306/firefighter (apparently these springs are still in production (probably not by Volvo?)), but I still feel that it could have been one or two leafs stronger (but alas, the only alternative, a parabolic spring that Parabolic Suspensions in Holland is working on, was not ready in time, and recent contacts led me to believe that while okay for lighter C3-series, it might still be to soft for the front of my C306 (heavy winch in front of the axle, plus 2x 125L belly-tanks in the near future, so all in all that is effectively about 500kg extra, compared to a normal C3-series)

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser