Gå till innehåll

Size/type/model of differential

Gäst W-J-M

Rekommendera Poster

Gäst W-J-M

This question has been raised more than once on other (mostly English) forums (without success), so I want to ask it here too, in the faint hope that someone in Sweden might now more:

Is the axle differential of the Volvo C3-series unique in size/shape, or is it compatible with some other brand/type on the market, old or modern?

Preferably a model for which a Torsen or Quaife LSD exists....:))

I know, faint hope, small chance, but one can never be sure enough....;))

PS: for a long time, I believed that at least the main axle housing + diff was made by GKN, and only the portal gears/housings were made by Volvo, but Erik recently replied on the English Yahoo-list that the entire portal axle was made by Volvo....

W-J-M2007-03-06 03:51:40

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Gäst ErikC304

And then I have to retire a bit, because I have not for SURE that the entire axle is Volvo. The question on yahoogroups also touched Valp 3314 axle, which as far as I understand is a relative to Dana, so my answer was built on the knowledge that C300 axle design is completely different. If the design and production of the C300 axle was performed externally from Volvo, I have to apologize. Then I have misunderstood completely.

Länk till kommentar

Gäst W-J-M
And then I have to retire a bit' date=' because I have not for SURE that the entire axle is Volvo. The question on yahoogroups also touched Valp 3314 axle, which as far as I understand is a relative to Dana, so my answer was built on the knowledge that C300 axle design is completely different. If the design and production of the C300 axle was performed externally from Volvo, I have to apologize. Then I have misunderstood completely.[/quote']

No apologies needed, even misinterpretations/misunderstandings sometimes lead to new details/hints/contacts, finally revealing the truth....:))

And I like digging around in obscure automotive history....;))

(spent months figuring out what type of coupling was used for Swedish fire-hoses, driving all Dutch coupling-suppliers crazy....:))

(same with the electrical coupling that was used for the winch)

Länk till kommentar

Gäst ErikC304
PDT_Armataz_02_23.gif I have understood you are a figure-digger, Willem-Jan! We´ll see if there can be a reveal of what´s true or not, according to the axles, some day.
Länk till kommentar