Gå till innehåll

Volvo TVP, a Sugga-derivate limousine? (and TL31)

Rekommendera Poster

Gäst W-J-M

What the heck is this?

And why have I never seen pix of it before, anywhere?

4_1288_VhYWUhaMbd.jpg

(from http://www.volvoteam.ch/wcms/index.php?id=167,0,0,1,0,0 )

It's a bit less proportional than a Sugga, different nose/fenders/lights, but overall it also looks much more 'decadent'....:))

Can't find any more info/data/pictures on 'Volvo TVP', so perhaps it has a better/numerical name/code as well?

PS: does the TL31 shown on that site indeed have a 4x4 driven trailer?....:))

Any more info/data about that configuration online too? (found only one further reference of this trailer being driven ('14x10'....(6x6+4x4+4x0....:))

(same curiosity for the Valp/C2 with 2x2 driven trailer, have seen only one sample (firefighter crew-cab/pickup))

W-J-M2007-03-09 20:38:30

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Gäst ErikC304

Volvo TPV, TerrängPersonVagn, terrain personal car. It is the predecessor to TP21 Sugga and was designed during the 40´s, maybe produced already during the war, I do not remember the figures. It was primary for radio communication and transport of higher officers. The axles were from much heavier trucks. It proved to be too long wheelbase and too heavy.

The TL31 as I remember the picture you discribe (as I sit here at AndreasE house in Oslo I do not reach the Volvo book I also has on the shelf) is 6x6 + dirver 4x4 trailer and also a 4wheel trailer no drive after.

omega24v2007-03-11 18:57:25

Länk till kommentar

• 2 months later...

Would you like to see the car for real, drive to Gothenburg and visit Terräng-axel the off-road gury he has one standing for many years...He also have a Sugga station-wagon 1 built it stands outside under a bad roof,hopefully someone should save that car....

Länk till kommentar

Gäst W-J-M
Would you like to see the car for real' date=' drive to Gothenburg and visit Terräng-axel the off-road gury he has one standing for many years...He also have a Sugga station-wagon 1 built it stands outside under a bad roof,hopefully someone should save that car....[/quote']

Interesting, have found his homepage & address, will keep it in my files, for when I am back in Sweden again....:))

Any pix of that stationwagon online somewhere?

On his website, I see:

TPV Volvo Radio 4x4 -45

915 Volvo Stw. Prototype 4x4 (2 made!) -55

912 Volvo Airforce 6x6 (4 made!) -57

Länk till kommentar