Gå till innehåll

Bandvagn Hagglunds BV206 conversion on 3.0 bmw diesel

Kosma

Rekommendera Poster

Hello.

I'm starting conversion proces of bv206.I have the petrol 2.8v6 ford engine.I wanted to put the 2.7cdi mercedes engine with original automatic gearbox like the german hellgeth do (all so milmac buys this kit) but there was one big problem,the gearbox driver/control takes the speed measurement from the ABS sensor from all 4 whells.All electronic mechanics guys cannot help me how to make it work without this sensor(offcourse in hellgeth now one wanted to help me,only said"bring to us your bv" so that is why I'm instaling the bmw 3.0 tdi  6 cylinder engine.But I'm not instaling it with original bmw automatic gearbox becouse it is quite defective ,so  I will link it with very strong and trouble free automatic aisin  gearbox know from many cars.

It is very simple and soft working gearbox.One of my friend have this set in his offroad car and it works perfect!

Does any one put this engine to hagglunds?I saw year ago one bv206 with this engine for sale but it was with bmw gearbox.I'm curious about the power,torque and the fuel consumption with this engine in BV.

I will add some pictures of the conversion work in future,curently Im colecting parts,have allready engine and gearbox :)

I'm using Hagglunds in winter for great snow tubing and many other fun expedition,but all so summer for offroading

Grettings from Poland  :P

post-6389-0-48480700-1383147921_thumb.jpg

post-6389-0-08951300-1383148004_thumb.jpg

post-6389-0-35385400-1383148270_thumb.jpg

post-6389-0-04700600-1383149021_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Nice pics.

Concerning the 270CDI engine, why not put all 4 wheel sensors on a common bracket reading a toothed gear on the ouput shaft of the gearbox? You can calculate the number of teeth if you know the original number of teeth on the wheel hubs and the axle ratio. This way you wont have any problems with high/low in the transfer case.

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

As I know it wouldn't solve the problem,all the 2.7cdi engines mounted in bv206 have different gearbox sterring computer-that information told me one guy that works with this conversions.I didn't want to risk with mercedes parts that is why I'm conversing to bmw and aisin gearbox.

3.0 bmw engine is much more powerfull than 2.7cdi and the aisin gearbox is very simple and unbreakable-there is only one fault -it doesn't have the tiptronic option,but I dont think that is so important,I rather have noproblem using simple gearbox.

Länk till kommentar

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello.

Made all ready 350 kilometers is mountains in Poland and the conversion is perfect!very power full-a steep driveway normaly going on 1-2 gear  on low-gears(transfer case) with petrol engine now goes on 2-3 gear on high gears(transfer case)! 

Here is one video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SoJutb6u5w

I will add some more in couple of days :)

All so pictures from mountains

post-6389-0-15308300-1388479759_thumb.jpg

post-6389-0-29285800-1388479816_thumb.jpg

• Like 5
Länk till kommentar

Max speed measured on gps is 65-66km/h ,fuel consumption riding in mountains(my right foot is very heavy...) is 8 liters/h,in normal use (my friend was a driver) it was 5-6 liters/h

The conversion will be offerd for sale with complete work(electric system,fuel instalation,cooling system and many many more)

If someone would like to have such a engine please fell free to ask-

kosma_nowak@poczta.onet.pl

• Like 3
Länk till kommentar