Gå till innehåll

Answer to Mark Douglas regarding AWD problems:

Marc-X

Rekommendera Poster

Ok... the hits keep on comm'n ;-) 

Now my front wheel drive seems pertinently engaged. Sometime yesterday afternoon, the engage switch doesn't seem to engage and disengage the aux diaphragm. Also I don't hear the action of the diaphragm from the brake-petal anymore :-( 

So the weak yellow light for the front-wheel drive does go "on" and "off" with the switch actuation. All the fuses look great (all gold-lead). The vacuum line into the diaphragm looks good (plus new diaphragm 4 weeks ago installed). Based on the wiring diagram, seems the switch on the control panel is working (however, I have not got a meter on it yet)... but since neither BOTH the brake-petal and switch seem to make a difference... could it be the solenoid (these are electro-mechanical and should have a good life... not sure).

ideas or trouble shooting suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys!

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Mark Douglas Thanks Mike Fox; however, isn't "low-gear"l a use-case where the there is no vacuum (i.e. front-wheel engaged)? I mean to say I need a condition where it's disengaged. I;m not sure how going into low will help diagnose. but I am open to it for sure Mr. Mike. Do tell

Länk till kommentar

Mark Douglas BTW: I am ashamed to say I am not sure how to engage the low-gears. I depressed the thumb-lever on the stick and went all the way over to the right... and went H and L... seem... only H works. uht-oh... seems like my low is not working; but, that could be another issue all together. Staying focused on the front-wheel drive... for disengage I am very open to your help.

Länk till kommentar

Mike Fox NP! Good luck. Sorry I couldn't give you more precise instructions but I actually don't remember when the solenoid is actuated and not. Logic says it should be relaxed and therefore have no power when awd is engaged. Can't say for sure though. Too tired to think. 

23 hours ago via mobile Â· Like
Länk till kommentar

Mike Fox The danger is that you get tremendous stress in the chassi if your ties is even slightly different in circumference and that is one thing you can be sure of. You hear it as periodic "clonks" when driving on paved road with awd engaged. YOU SHOULD NOT USE AWD ON PAVED ROAD IF NOT SLIPPERY!!!

23 hours ago via mobile Â· Like
Länk till kommentar