Gå till innehåll

Answer to Mark Douglas regarding AWD problems:

Marc-X

Rekommendera Poster

Mark Douglas yes, I have vacuum on the diffs. the back holds and the front seems to leak as I don't hear the release when it blows out. Also... looks like I Do NOT get 24v on the Solenoid under any condition. I looked at the switch and see 24v on the light; however, I don't see good readings on the other polls. I need to check more in the morning. Also... since I was poking around, my blinker don't seem to be working now.  (seems my emergency flashers still work... not sure if that means my flasher relay is still good or not)

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Mike Fox Check your relays under the instrument cluster. I.I.r.c the turn signal indicator can be affected if one of them is faulty. I had a similar issue once where the emergency blinker / hazard lights still worked while the turn signal didn't. Don't remember clearly now. I think that the blinker relay is ok if the hazard lights works. I guess that you have checked the fuses after your blinkers quit on you?

Regarding the awd fuckup there's nothing else to do but start tracing the control voltage to the solenoid. I don't remember the exact signal path but you'll find the schematic in the RTFM book quite helpful.  

Checking for voltage on both sides of the red push button switch might be a good idea. Also check the switch on the transfer gear box. (backside of transfer box, next to handbrake drum). There's four wire connections. If one of them have come loose you will lose maneuver voltage to the solenoid.

Check the schematic and you will find the usual suspects. 
It will also tell you in what order you should check in order to trace the path. Good luck!

(if you are unsuccessful I might be able to house your useless vehicle in my spare parts box. Just send it here)
20 hours ago via mobile Â· Like
Länk till kommentar

Mark Douglas yep, checked fuses (will check with meter on connection sides of each again). on the awd: looks like if something gets funky in the push-button switch and ground is open... I won't get 24v to ground. So I'll check the switch posts (I'm ordering a new switch anyway as it's almost 40 years old anyway) to see if it's letting 24v pass to the solenoid when off. checking the transfer box switch is a good idea too. Thanks for the advice and the luck. (no comment on the spare parts wish you have) 

Länk till kommentar

Mark Douglas Just walked in from surgery  => all I have to say is Mike Fox nailed it yet again. One wire on the pressure contact mounted on the Aux Gear box was completely disconnected. Exactly what was one of the possibilities suspected by Mike. It was all greasy, I cleaned it, de-greased it and reconnected (all 4). Plus the pressure contact was loose... so tightened it down. Working like a champ. Also in the turn signal issue, I found another disconnected wire under the instrument panel. (I was also de-greasing and lubing up all the gear switching components). Took her for a test drive (two of them) and all is working great. I need to replace the front diff diaphragm (I have 4 extra polyethylene). replaced the warrning bulb on the front-wheel drive. I need to get some new bulb sockets from Claes Hellbom.

about an hour ago Â· Edited Â· Like
Länk till kommentar

Mike Fox Nice to hear I could be of help to you bro!
The electric system is perhaps the most vulnerable part of our vehicles since this have seen little or no maintenance since production. The Swedish climate fixes the rest. 

In the future I'm going to post re
plies to questions like this in the forum @ terrangbil.net so that everyone can benefit from it. Posts at Facebook has a short shelf life as everyone know. 

I would like to suggest that if questions are posted here a topic is created at terrangbil.net and linked in the reply post here at facebook if the person asking the question haven't already done so.

This is going to be my humble attempt to create a more lively international part at the ORIGINAL Tgb forum. 

I have no benefits from pushing for terrangbil.net I'm doing it because I feel it being the correct way to do things.

Cheers!
Länk till kommentar