Gå till innehåll

Description or images of Tillbehörslista items. Help wanted

Rekommendera Poster

Dear all,

I wonder if there is an illustrated catalogue of Swedish military tools and accessories, or at a least a catalogue with descriptions of items, please?

I've finally managed to track down a copy of the Tillbehörslista for the Amfibiebil 101 C. It's not the best copy, and whilst we can read the item name - we can't make out some of the numbers. There are also some things that are unknown.

I wonder if anyone would be able to correct any of the numbers that are bold in the table, please. And if you have photos or a list of descriptions for any of the items that that would be greatly appreciated.

I have photos of the items highlighted in green

Page 1                        

image.thumb.png.8f24106d1b567516e94a8945aef9dccb.png

image.thumb.png.1ab7a9f742913a882d6425523fa035c4.png

image.thumb.png.b05ba4d049377e73993c923d5c6faa89.png

image.thumb.png.a33a8b3b363e1c523e92de5ed6a5b666.png

Many thanks for your help.

Mark

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

I assume that youe have translated, and most of them seams correct. hand tools where often Bacho standard tools

Lysplatta, a square board with a yellow/white fluorescnt on one side, this where "loaded during daytime and used during transport at night (eg every military viechle has 3 holders, one for their company sign, and two for light plate's

Fodral often a small sack, seized for the equipment

Kapell, tarpauline would be  o more correct translation (for cover of the bed, used in combination with ridge pole and stern post's to "make a tent" on the bed)

Rubber hose 8m is to pump up the air pressure in the tyre's

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar

@JDW
Many thanks for your reply, which is really helpful. I did the translation, and then changed a couple of translations based on the items on the BV202 list that I translated previously, or which were clearly not what was suggested.

But some translations still don't make 100% sense, despite my Googling for M numbers.

M1622-801510, Block, SEPSO-28-11, f 16 mm stållina. Is that a snatch block for the winch? Would anyone have any details or images of M1622-801510?    What does SEPSO-28-11 mean, please?

,image.png.561fbed48c54395d7666b820bd2be9de.png

With M6900-001000 Brytspett - I put Breaker bar due to the length. Does it mean breaker / crow bar? 

image.png.d651622069211f6b3f60d3d0113aecea.png

Presuming that the jack is a small bottle jack, what is a 

F1103-909111  Domkraftförlängn   Jack extension?

Is 

F3435-000407    Vridpinne a bar with a 1/2 inch socket? What is the standard Swedish wheel brace of the 1960s?

image.png.2e69e515584fa16dbfb4d6089d1b7d2a.png

I'd presumed that M7040-001010 Presenning 3,5X4,5M  was the canopy, due to it's size. But due to it's location in the list I now realise that it is not.

So what would M7040-001010 Presenning 3,5X4,5M be?

F1103-908121 Ståndare has me completely stumped. Google and Microsoft both suggest the translation of Stamen - which is part of a flower

Also M6220-008010  Drivdorn.    If it is a metal Drive mandrel or Punch, then what size is M6220-008010   

Many thanks for your help

Länk till kommentar

I think that the word SEPSO should be SEPSON actually. Sepson is a manufacturer of winches and snatch blocks so most likely it is a snatch block from Sepson, but I can't think of what the numbers stand for.

Brytspett is one of these two variants:

verktyg-och-faltutrustning-spett-fordon-

dsc02255_grande.jpg?_=1511259171

The variant with a ring at the end is more often, I think, found in vehicles as a part of vehicle equipment. The ring variant is shorter than a regular brytspett.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Länk till kommentar

The Sepson-block probably looked something like this one:

https://www.klaravik.se/auktion/produkt/brytblock-3/

If you compare the initial M-numbers you can see they are at least in the same category of snatch blocks.

Domkraftförlängare could be something as simple as an pipe with a top-plate you put on top of the jack due to limited reach.

Other vehicles have big wooden blocks for the same reason.

Vridpinne is either B or C (with a 3/4"-fitting).

Probably C since A and B would both probably be named the same, "dragskaft".

Why would the location of the presenning in the list disqualify it as the canopy?

If its due to limited space, maybe it was supposed to be permanently mounted and only folded where it is?

Ståndare is as you found correctly a part of a flower.

With my extremely limited knowledge of maritime stuff, I would argue that ståndare means something along the lines of a "small pillar", in this case for the lanterna.

0007923_lanterna-terhi.jpeg

I also found other examples that seem to support the"small pillar"-hypothesis.

https://digitaltmuseum.se/021026148196/lykta

https://digitaltmuseum.se/021026156809/laterna-magica

However the meaning other than for the flower is probably for the common swede very archaic and outdated (unless they're boat-people, they love that shit :) )

Drivdorn = drive punch

719510_1331729393_z.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Länk till kommentar

@Vinkon many thanks

The SEPSOM 28 are snatch blocks https://www.sepson.se/products/snatch-blocks/

Re Domkraftförlängare -

The Stalwart comes with a wooden block for the jack to sit on. However, the advice in the British User handbook for a flat tyre is to drive the flat wheel onto the block, so that the double wishbone suspension is lifted high enough to get the jack underneath. But I think the standard British army hydraulic jack was bigger than the Swedish 5 ton jack.

JackLakeElliot8Ton.JPG.5b816de2b844a3e7f556356fe031bd6f.JPG

Re the Pressning.

3 places down is Skyddstak, K. I think the K stands for "including" or "consisting of"

Under Skyddstak, K it has the rear upright for the ridgepole, the ridgepole - and kapell - which I'm told can also be canopy. So a bit confused

Re the Ståndare

I've not seen any photo so far with one of those navigation lights on, including after the 1974 (ish) refits when the KA fitted the cranes. But never say never when it comes to Stalwarts, and it could well be something like that.

Re Drivdorn

I presume it would say if it was a complete set of punches.

Would be great to find a catalogue of M tools, to see exactly which item is which.

Thanks

Länk till kommentar

3 hours ago, JDW said:

Ståndare in this case is probably a vertical metal bar to support tarpauline or roof over the bed.

The Mark 1 (101 B ) had height adjustable ridge pole, but the mark 2 (101 C ) had fixed support poles for the ridge pole, which were securely bolted to the relevant panels. Which made it odd to have the rear one on the list.

I had initially wondered if it was the front post, but get confused by the note saying that it's for the "Lanterna"

Page 2 of the provided Tillbehörslista is the most faded/unclear, so I wasn't sure of the numbers. I hadn't realised until earlier that the M numbers on the right are the same as the faded ones on the left - which I couldn't be sure of.

But the Ståndare's number is within the same group as the Skyddstak Canopy and its components. So strange that it's further down the page.

image.png.cad6efb0dd73c9f92aa1fa8976b72a3c.png

The front ridge pole post was disposed of when KA fitted the cranes from 1974 onwards, and welded a short post to the crane itself. So the Tillbehörslista is for the original.

image.png.45361c258605f1db981a1c617c11a542.png

Länk till kommentar

So page 2 looks like

Page2B.thumb.jpg.4ed7d718e9bd1e74bd026021245da21a.jpg

And these - I can't read the M numbers on the original sheet - and wonder if anyone has a Tillbehörslista with the same items, so that I can check the items against the numbers - please

Checknumbers.jpg.6c4c31bb21c1b4e47ad46f90f0daf87b.jpg

Länk till kommentar

1 timme sedan, Mark_Ellis säger:

The Mark 1 (101 B ) had height adjustable ridge pole, but the mark 2 (101 C ) had fixed support poles for the ridge pole, which were securely bolted to the relevant panels. Which made it odd to have the rear one on the list.

I had initially wondered if it was the front post, but get confused by the note saying that it's for the "Lanterna"

Page 2 of the provided Tillbehörslista is the most faded/unclear, so I wasn't sure of the numbers. I hadn't realised until earlier that the M numbers on the right are the same as the faded ones on the left - which I couldn't be sure of.

But the Ståndare's number is within the same group as the Skyddstak Canopy and its components. So strange that it's further down the page.

image.png.cad6efb0dd73c9f92aa1fa8976b72a3c.png

The front ridge pole post was disposed of when KA fitted the cranes from 1974 onwards, and welded a short post to the crane itself. So the Tillbehörslista is for the original.

image.png.45361c258605f1db981a1c617c11a542.png

In that case, its probably for a lantern, "safety light" when swimming in the water

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2024 at 2:44 PM, JDW said:

Packning is gasket, not washer used with a bolt and nut (it's har with synonyms)

I checked with the Alvis part numbers provided, and in this case it is washer - the bottom item on the image below.

I know that the exhaust gasket on the BV202 sheet is also Packning. All kind of confusing 😉

Hulldrainplugs.thumb.jpg.87185f33e330841b161c6d5e10990656.jpg

Länk till kommentar

1 hour ago, JDW said:

www.hoglandskompaniet.se/  https://www.xn--hglandskompaniet-mwb.se/  (local characters in adress)

https://kvibergs.se/

Are surplus traders, they have different goods in their webshop's...

I assume that youe have found www.ka2.se/ 

@JDW Many thanks for the links, which I'll follow up on.

One of the problems with Google, is that even when I use Google.se to try and find things in Sweden - it tries to take me to local suppliers near me of whatever I'm searching for.  The joke being that because I use a mobile phone network for my internet, it thinks I'm in London, or a couple of other UK cities where the Mobile network joins the wired phone service. So it's still hundreds of miles out.

Google seems to think that everyone is looking to buy the latest, rather than researching the past.

Yes, I'm aware of

KA 1 - https://vapenbroderna.se/om-ka-och-sk-ka/
KA 2 - www.ka2.se/

KA 4 - https://gg-kamratforening.se/kamrat_museum/ and

KA 5 - https://www.ka5kamratforening.se/

None of the committee of all the Old comrades committees will talk to me, even to the point of not acknowledging emails and not reading Messenger on Facebook.

They're all ex officers, and have decided that because I'm asking about a vehicle built in Britain 60 years ago, which has been out of service in Sweden for 40 years then I must be a Russian spy as I'm asking about the latest technology. Never mind the fact that I used to drive them in Germany 40 years ago, and there's numerous books on the topic ;) 

Thankfully, I have one very helpful ex Battalion commander, and an ex Ordinary Ranks person who are being very helpful after 3 years of being ignored by all these committee members.

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar