Gå till innehåll

No Start?

jeepboy_90

Rekommendera Poster

I have experienced a no start condition with my C303. 

Today I tried starting the vehicle with the choke on. Dash lights came on and starter engaged. I stopped to adjust the choke and nothing. No dash lights, no start, nothing. 

Are there any standard issues like this? 

I have no dash lights, dome light, nothing. Batteries are at proper voltage, power to ignition is at same voltage. Tried jumping main to accessory, nothing. 

Amps? 

Help, thank you...

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

It sounds as if your ignition switch might be broken! This may be due to wear but can also be caused by poor contact in the starter solenoid. Poor contact in the solenoid causes most of the current to the starter to go through the ignition switch causing the latter to fuse together. Before you try to hotwire, try running just the starter. Make a cable with a 30 - 40A fuse and connect to the solenoid control connection. Connect the other end of the cable to the battery. If the starter works without the fuse blowing the starter motor is probable OK. If the fuse blows, the starter must be addressed.

Check the ignition switch by hotwireing. If needed, replace the ignition switch.

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

Ok, Success !!!

Trying the above, was still not getting anything from the batteries. So I figured even though they were showing 24v+, it had to be the ground. I took all the grounds off, cleaned and re-connected. 

Started like a champ, like normal.

NOW - I have no headlights, brake lights, turn signal dash lights? Do these share a common ground that could have come loose when messing with the ignition switch? I looked at the wiring digram, looks like maybe the dash itself is grounded? Fuses are all good.

Thanks...

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

This could also be caused by a loose wire on the "mörkläggningsomkopplare". The switch that turns the lights from off, normal or low light mode.

Those wires are short and when you move the dashboard around they can jump off.

I had the same problem, when I had the dash loose a wire jumped off and killed all lights and vipers. The engine still started and run fine.

Remove the padded "knepad" and you can reach it without moving the dashboard.

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar

UPDATE: I was able to find a set of wires that had pulled off the back of the "blackout" switch. I now have headlights, wipers, dash lights. But not turn signals or high beams. Moving the dash around I can get the turn signal indicators to light up(sometimes), but trying to active the switch does not activate the relay/flasher. 

Before going wire by wire, is there any input? Everything worked yesterday before puling the dash.

On the back of the "blackout" switch, there is one open terminal, is the correct?

Thanks again for all the help.

Länk till kommentar

Peeter is right, losen the choke/heating-panel and a white plastic connector appears, most cables from the fuses passes through this one, and this one also likely to jump off when the dash is moved around. If it has a bad connection the indicators stops working first, at least thats what happened to me.

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar