Gå till innehåll

New Sugga Owner

Rekommendera Poster

Hello Everyone,

I am the happy owner of a 1956 Volvo Sugga.  I am looking for suggestions on where to find parts and information.  Unfortunately I do not speak sweedish which has made my search for information and parts difficult. My sugga is in driving condition and is generally complete (including radios) but I need many parts to make it perfect and to maintain it.  

-workshop manual in english

-original tool kit

-engine gasket set

-front "volvo" emblem

-original hand crank starting handle

-original shovel

-original axe

-original radiator louvers shutters

-distributor parts - points rotor condensor

-Im sure there will be more but this is what I know for sure.

-Thank you Ike

Hej alla,

Jag är lycklig ägare till en 1956 Volvo Sugga. Jag söker förslag på var att hitta delar och information. Tyvärr har jag inte talar sweedish som har gjort mitt sökande efter information och delar svårt. Min sugga är drivande skick och i princip fullständig (inklusive radio) men jag behöver många delar för att göra det perfekt och att behålla den.

-workshop manual på engelska
-Original verktygslåda
-motorn packning uppsättning
-Front "volvo" emblem
-Original handvev starthandtag
-Original spade
-Original yxa
-Original kylar lameller jalusier
-distributor delar - poäng rotor kondensor

-Im Säker på att det kommer att bli mer, men detta är vad jag vet säkert.

-Tack Ike

post-9220-0-64321200-1424280705_thumb.jpg

• Like 6
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Hi there Ike, welcome to Terrangbil.net :-)

Really nice piece of history you got there. The Suggas is in my opinion one of the coolest older swedish military vehicles there is. 

Where is home to your Sugga and you?

When it comes to the Suggas and parts i think the situation are manageble.. sort of.. i think that most of the consumables needed in order to keep it running is awaible fairly easy.. Some other specific parts can be harder to get. As usual when you are looking for something, its a matter of hard work and a mix of good luck, opportunity, patience and contacts.. 

Information abbout how.. im 100% sure you will find here. :-)

/

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

Hello and welcome!

Here you have the english manual: https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsites.google.com%2Fsite%2Fvolvotp21sugga%2FTP21manualexcerptsENGLISHrotated.pdf%3Fattredirects%3D0%26d%3D1

As for the volvo emblem, check out www.tradera.com (swedish e-bay) where you can search for "volvo emblem".

I do belive some of the volvo-produced farm tracktors had the same emblem, such as volvo T24, T25, T31, T33, T35.

Good luck :wub:

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

You shouldnt have to replace the engine really..  gasgets and packings should be avaible.. the only one you acually need is a headgasget..

This guy "11:an" is one of the few that know of, that still may have a little of this and that NOS to the sugga.. 

http://www.tradera.com/profile/items/830345/11-an

Swedish manuals are good though, with helpful pictures.. If you are diving in to anything in particuar im sure we can help you with translation of text.

A work around is text recognition software..  in to google translate, and you will get usuable results.. 

How did your Sugga come over to the states, whats its history?  Are you aming for an original restauration?

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

Volvo T33 - Thank you for the links - I think traders will be very helpful.  I have the owners manual you linked to - I would like to find a workshop manual for the sugga if one exists.

Thank you all for the kind replies.   My sugga was owned by a military collector.  It has much of its original equipment and it works but it needs maintenance and I will need some basic spares for that.  I will take some photos and post them shortly.  Heres another one for now:

post-9220-0-59093400-1424292287_thumb.jpg

• Like 4
Länk till kommentar