Gå till innehåll

Accessing old newspaper articles online

Rekommendera Poster

I'm a bit confused. 
I saw that you can access old newspapers online for free, so I went to the tidningar website and searched for Alvis Stalwart and Amfibiebil 101

https://tidningar.kb.se/?q=Alvis Stalwart&sort=asc

https://tidningar.kb.se/?q=amfibiebil 101&sort=asc&from=1960-01-02&to=2015-12-31 

But it says that all these old newspapers from the 1960s that no longer exist, are all copyright protected. 

I've been working on my Stalwart website, building a page that uses newspaper articles to date the development progress of the Stalwart.
https://sites.google.com/view/alvis-stalwart-hmlc-files/alvis-stalwart-hmlc-section/stalwart-timeline-evidence

Is there anyway that I can see the articles online, please?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

image.thumb.png.1e397b60f8c0725f8e2cc9e6e4dfc147.png

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

2 hours ago, Vinkon said:

Doesn't it require you to register an account there in order to read the articles?

I'd registered an account. But it says that due to copyright, you can only view it in the actual library.

I've emailed them, and hope to get a response next week.

I also emailed Dagens Nyheter - (dn.se) who have kindly sent the article that I was interested in there

Newspaper1964.thumb.png.757047992111bab5e91bb38e375860c0.png

• Like 3
Länk till kommentar

• 3 weeks later...

På 2024-01-06 på 02:14, Mark_Ellis säger:

I'm a bit confused. 
I saw that you can access old newspapers online for free, so I went to the tidningar website and searched for Alvis Stalwart and Amfibiebil 101

The Norwegian digital National library require that you have a Norwegian IP adress to view most newspapers and books, the same might be causing you problems in the Swedish digital newspaper library. Also, other articles require you to be present at a library to read them, your error message in pink states just that, you have to be in the Royal Library or one of very few others to read that particular article.

I made a quick search for Norwegian articles in the Norwegian digital National library, not much to find. One of few was this one:

stalwart.jpg

Mostly information on the civilian version and all its capabilities.

(Note that the newspaper managed to spell "september" wrong.)

• Thanks 2
Länk till kommentar

18 minutes ago, kristaga said:

The Norwegian digital National library require that you have a Norwegian IP adress to view most newspapers and books, the same might be causing you problems in the Swedish digital newspaper library. Also, other articles require you to be present at a library to read them, your error message in pink states just that, you have to be in the Royal Library or one of very few others to read that particular article.

I made a quick search for Norwegian articles in the Norwegian digital National library, not much to find. One of few was this one:

Mostly information on the civilian version and all its capabilities.

(Note that the newspaper managed to spell "september" wrong.)

Kristaga, many thanks for the post, and your time.

I was lucky that two of the Newspapers are still in production, so was able to ask them directly. I then simply asked the Library to confirm my thoughts on the contents of the third one. So that's answered the issue of when Sweden saw the demonstration, and when they bought the first Stalwarts.

Thanks

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

British amphibious vehicle awakens great interest.

The article also states that "the Swedes are interested in equipping their army and marine with this type of vehicles" and "the British defense authorities has shown interest, but no deal has been made. The vehicle is not in serial production".

stalwart2.jpg

• Thanks 1
Länk till kommentar

1 hour ago, kristaga said:

British amphibious vehicle awakens great interest.

The article also states that "the Swedes are interested in equipping their army and marine with this type of vehicles" and "the British defense authorities has shown interest, but no deal has been made. The vehicle is not in serial production".

Again, many thanks.

The vehicle in your post is chassis number PV2. She was the first Swimming Stalwart, PV1 being an Alvis Salamander chassis with a basic drop side body fitted.

These images are all the same PV2 chassis, as it changed over time. The first image in 1960, the last with the crane in 1964

W-PV2-1-1.jpg.94ad59ec84c5c487fe2f5a8a201984d5.jpg

W-PV2-2-4aChange-2a.jpg.a644a426977dcbaacb9c471576746d84.jpg 

W-PV2-2-7.jpg.93c92db46a54a54b4c8f5cfe27af583c.jpg  

W-PV2-3-3rear.jpg.bf100c261f5d47fcabbcb87f9f1b5d75.jpg 

W-PV2-5-3Hiab.jpg.297f779dc88a49fd38b07384e44cf0f6.jpg 

W-PV2-6-1Sideboard4.jpg.5b2684c6ce8b8458c406d5d232c462c6.jpg

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar